Originally Posted by nat19
On GI joe's website it says a crystal must be installed to determine the frequency of operation. If I purchace it from there will they install the crystal for me?
Not sure what they're saying when stated a crystal is to be installed but here is the modification they will do, I suppose the crystal is on the oscillator board being removed.
Texas Star DX 250HDV / DX 350HDV CW Transmitter To AMP Conversion
1. Remove yellow 2200K cap of the oscillator board from the PCB
2. Remove red wire of oscillator board from RF choke
Remove green wire of oscillator board and attached 33pf cap
4. Solder the leg of 15 or 18pf cap to input trace on PCB
5. Remove black wire of oscillator board from keying jack
6. Remove oscillator board
7. Locate jumper wire attached to backside of red switch
8. Unsolder the ground end of jumper wire closest to the relay
9. Solder this end to open trace behind green switch
10. Remove wire from outer lug of blue pot and solder to other outer lug
11. Remove 10-ohm resistor piggy-backed to 15K resistor located next to the white sand block resistor and RF choke