I just installed a new Wilson 1000 on my brother-in-law's vehicle 2004 (Toyota Camry), however I've been unable to obtain an acceptable match on the CB
band. I've installed dozens of antennas over the years, including Wilson 1000s, never an issue or one that I could not solve, but this one has me stumped.
Anyway here is the install, like I've done many times before. We are using the standard Wilson 1000 hole mount on the trunk deck lid. Hole was drilled in the center of the deck, the paint on the underside was removed, Noalox was applied to the bare metal.
Ground braid attached from the deck lid to the body under the package tray, using self tapping screws/tooth washers, again paint removed at the attachment points and Noalox applied.
The radio shows high SWR (3.5:1) on the standard CB
frequencies. MFJ 259B shows best match at 28.785, with a 1.7. SWR.
Changing the new W1000 coil/whip to another known good W1000 coil/whip from another 2004 Camry, the 259B shows best match at 28.785 with a 1.2 SWR. Dummy load attached to the mount in lieu of the antenna, shows nearly perfect match from 27-70 mhz.