Go Back   WorldwideDX Amateur Radio Forums > Citizens Band Related > CB Antennas


Amateur Callsign Lookup
Enter Callsign:

Mr Coily's Base Enforcer Antenna

Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Yota's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 58
Yota is on a distinguished road
Default Mr Coily's Base Enforcer Antenna


Ok I have recieved my Enforcer Base Antenna..First off I would like to say is the Quality and Craftsmenship in making this Antenna is Awesome !! I contacted Dan, Told him I would like to Buy one, And he Then asked me Where I talk the Most ?? I told him, Also in Skip land too.. I asked why ? He told Me he was going to tune it, and place Sharpie Markers for me with a Flat Match before he even sends it !!
Ok so it arrives, 3 days after ordering it, Shipped perfect no Damages at all..Ok I dont know if you Guys have even looked on Coilys Web page to see it !! If you have not you All should. Ok after Setting it up on a 12' pole to check the Match, I had to change Nothing ! I was using a MFJ 269, It was a Perfect Match on 27.105 and My skip channel too 26.915. When I turned on the Heat " Henry 5k " I went to a 1.2 on 27.105 only Unreal.
My testing Shows This, On a Magnum S9 on my locals that are between 8 miles and a buddy 52 miles away. This is what I have..On locals that are less than 10 miles away. They see between 2-3 S units more, I see 1.5-2 S-units more on my Reciece on them. The Biggy is on my Buddy that is 52 Miles away " Mr Filthy Mcnasty " He is in Dunbarton NH. I give Filthy 1.5-2 S unit more on him I get 2 unit on recieve more. That is unreal !! Know mind you I have had other antennas too, I have a Super Scanner, Super Penetrator, Imax 2000, Antron 99, This thing Smokes them all !! This Antenna it 25 feet tall, You can go Taller if you need to there is the room.. It has 9' ground radials makeing it 18' feet across on the Ground radial..36' in Ground lenth alone !!
I have a local up here that just bought a I-10k, And he was happy with it, was a bitch to tune the Trumbone on it ! He got it close on the Match, But on the lowers 26.915, He has no ears, And on the Upper he has Ears but a bad Match 27.785, his swr is 2.5 on a Galaxy 95t. He is selling his I-10k..LOL..The Final straw that did it for him was this, After I set up The Enforcer, with just the radio and him with a 95t and he is 8 miles from me and another local that is 5-8 miles from both of us. My antenna is 60' up his is 45-50' I could talk all over his Interceptor !! All over it !!
I just wanted you all to know about my new Enforcer,And you should go read About it..I think you will really Be impressed with it as I am. The service I got from Dan was Awesome, He has even called 4-5 times making sure I was 100% happy with it !! Service second to none !! Thanks Dan !! Tell ya more later as we go....

Peace Yota


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Senior Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: oregon
Posts: 207
mrcoily is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mr Coily's Base Enforcer Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota
Ok I have recieved my Enforcer Base Antenna..First off I would like to say is the Quality and Craftsmenship in making this Antenna is Awesome !! I contacted Dan, Told him I would like to Buy one, And he Then asked me Where I talk the Most ?? I told him, Also in Skip land too.. I asked why ? He told Me he was going to tune it, and place Sharpie Markers for me with a Flat Match before he even sends it !!
Ok so it arrives, 3 days after ordering it, Shipped perfect no Damages at all..Ok I dont know if you Guys have even looked on Coilys Web page to see it !! If you have not you All should. Ok after Setting it up on a 12' pole to check the Match, I had to change Nothing ! I was using a MFJ 269, It was a Perfect Match on 27.105 and My skip channel too 26.915. When I turned on the Heat " Henry 5k " I went to a 1.2 on 27.105 only Unreal.
My testing Shows This, On a Magnum S9 on my locals that are between 8 miles and a buddy 52 miles away. This is what I have..On locals that are less than 10 miles away. They see between 2-3 S units more, I see 1.5-2 S-units more on my Reciece on them. The Biggy is on my Buddy that is 52 Miles away " Mr Filthy Mcnasty " He is in Dunbarton NH. I give Filthy 1.5-2 S unit more on him I get 2 unit on recieve more. That is unreal !! Know mind you I have had other antennas too, I have a Super Scanner, Super Penetrator, Imax 2000, Antron 99, This thing Smokes them all !! This Antenna it 25 feet tall, You can go Taller if you need to there is the room.. It has 9' ground radials makeing it 18' feet across on the Ground radial..36' in Ground lenth alone !!
I have a local up here that just bought a I-10k, And he was happy with it, was a bitch to tune the Trumbone on it ! He got it close on the Match, But on the lowers 26.915, He has no ears, And on the Upper he has Ears but a bad Match 27.785, his swr is 2.5 on a Galaxy 95t. He is selling his I-10k..LOL..The Final straw that did it for him was this, After I set up The Enforcer, with just the radio and him with a 95t and he is 8 miles from me and another local that is 5-8 miles from both of us. My antenna is 60' up his is 45-50' I could talk all over his Interceptor !! All over it !!
I just wanted you all to know about my new Enforcer,And you should go read About it..I think you will really Be impressed with it as I am. The service I got from Dan was Awesome, He has even called 4-5 times making sure I was 100% happy with it !! Service second to none !! Thanks Dan !! Tell ya more later as we go....

Peace Yota
Thanks yota!
I am here if you need anything,just a phone dial away,gota run the list is growing,and the time is ticking my sunday away...73sss..Coily :Wavey
WWW.MRCOILY.COM

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Senior Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tyrone,PA
Posts: 202
RoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

Good Luck with your new antenna... I had no problems matching my I-10k
or any of the other problems your friend had.
Set up correctly they all work good.
Well, have fun with your new play-toy! LOL

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-28-2005, 06:48 PM
ZR2 ZR2 is offline
Junior Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 16
ZR2 is on a distinguished road
Default

Sounds like a great antenna.

Do you if you can get this antenna with shorter ground radials?

Oh yeah that might take away from its performance.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Senior Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: oregon
Posts: 207
mrcoily is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR2
Sounds like a great antenna.

Do you if you can get this antenna with shorter ground radials?

Oh yeah that might take away from its performance.
Hi Zr2,You could shorten the radials or slide them in to 6 foot it doubles the strength of the ground planes and will not hurt performance "Much" The antenna does have to have the ground planes to work correctly and all the way out is Best.But if you were to tune it with them slid in all the way to the 6 foot per ground radial,Your perfromance will still be very good.Your swr may increase only slightly If any.....Coily

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-29-2005, 07:11 AM
ZR2 ZR2 is offline
Junior Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 16
ZR2 is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you for the information.

My problem is with a 9 foot radial is that one of them would cross over the guys roof next door.

I had spectrum 1600 antenna a while back with a bunch of short radials.This antenna worked super way better than my A99 but when the winds come the antenna was history.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-29-2005, 07:37 AM
Senior Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: oregon
Posts: 207
mrcoily is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR2
Thank you for the information.

My problem is with a 9 foot radial is that one of them would cross over the guys roof next door.

I had spectrum 1600 antenna a while back with a bunch of short radials.This antenna worked super way better than my A99 but when the winds come the antenna was history.
Totally understand i also have run, the what i think is a great antenna for many years spectrum 1600 and seen it bent over almost horizontal never to break, but a have seen a few break off right above the base,Mine is much stronger as far a winding goes,But you can't always win against mother nature she does wierd stuff from time to time and when she feels fit.To tell you the truth i have a crank up tower 65 feet with a 10 foot pole on top if i knew it was gona get really nasty out i would crank it down.I guess i just worry :roll: but better than climbing,I remember when i had my sigma4 up top i never to this day seen an antenna bend as far as that one would never did break but i did bend a top section of 1.25" mast over maybe thats the trick :?: put enough masting out the top to act like a shock give it a little flex...73ssssss Dan

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Senior Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: oregon
Posts: 207
mrcoily is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mr Coily's Base Enforcer Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota
Ok I have recieved my Enforcer Base Antenna..First off I would like to say is the Quality and Craftsmenship in making this Antenna is Awesome !! I contacted Dan, Told him I would like to Buy one, And he Then asked me Where I talk the Most ?? I told him, Also in Skip land too.. I asked why ? He told Me he was going to tune it, and place Sharpie Markers for me with a Flat Match before he even sends it !!
Ok so it arrives, 3 days after ordering it, Shipped perfect no Damages at all..Ok I dont know if you Guys have even looked on Coilys Web page to see it !! If you have not you All should. Ok after Setting it up on a 12' pole to check the Match, I had to change Nothing ! I was using a MFJ 269, It was a Perfect Match on 27.105 and My skip channel too 26.915. When I turned on the Heat " Henry 5k " I went to a 1.2 on 27.105 only Unreal.
My testing Shows This, On a Magnum S9 on my locals that are between 8 miles and a buddy 52 miles away. This is what I have..On locals that are less than 10 miles away. They see between 2-3 S units more, I see 1.5-2 S-units more on my Reciece on them. The Biggy is on my Buddy that is 52 Miles away " Mr Filthy Mcnasty " He is in Dunbarton NH. I give Filthy 1.5-2 S unit more on him I get 2 unit on recieve more. That is unreal !! Know mind you I have had other antennas too, I have a Super Scanner, Super Penetrator, Imax 2000, Antron 99, This thing Smokes them all !! This Antenna it 25 feet tall, You can go Taller if you need to there is the room.. It has 9' ground radials makeing it 18' feet across on the Ground radial..36' in Ground lenth alone !!
I have a local up here that just bought a I-10k, And he was happy with it, was a bitch to tune the Trumbone on it ! He got it close on the Match, But on the lowers 26.915, He has no ears, And on the Upper he has Ears but a bad Match 27.785, his swr is 2.5 on a Galaxy 95t. He is selling his I-10k..LOL..The Final straw that did it for him was this, After I set up The Enforcer, with just the radio and him with a 95t and he is 8 miles from me and another local that is 5-8 miles from both of us. My antenna is 60' up his is 45-50' I could talk all over his Interceptor !! All over it !!
I just wanted you all to know about my new Enforcer,And you should go read About it..I think you will really Be impressed with it as I am. The service I got from Dan was Awesome, He has even called 4-5 times making sure I was 100% happy with it !! Service second to none !! Thanks Dan !! Tell ya more later as we go....


Hello Yota! Just checking in see how your Doing,,73sss Super busy gota run,Have a great weekend...Dan

Peace Yota
www.mrcoily.com

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks
Worldwide Radio Forum



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Worldwide Radio Forum