04-29-2010, 05:30 PM
| || |
| || |
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston & Corpus Christi
Originally Posted by King Mudduck
I have been playing around with this thing to today and i actually got it to work. What i did was drill out the center of a direct TV dish and mounted a 4 foot fire stick antenna there. I have it up about 10 feet right now as i am
still working the bugs out but after figureing out the ground for this antenna i have the SWR down to 1.2. It's seems to receive and transmit very well and it is very directional with great rejection which is what i wanted from the start of this little project. The only reason i tried this was out of boredom but i was wondering if any of you have tried something like this.
The reason i posted this here was because most hams like to experiment and i thought that some of you may have tried this in the past.
King Mudduck, based on the experimental aspect of your claim, can you tell us what you figured out regarding the ground, and then how or what did you do to the ground to get the SWR down to 1.2 as noted.