Been busy as hell with work recently 60-70+ hours a week.... recently caught a break and built the external case for the galaxy. vacuumed it out and plugged her in and hooked up my SWR meter. Everything seemed fine except figuring out where I wanted to be on all the settings. after a few minutes digging around in this rat-hole I call A brain I figured it out for normal cb
I let it warm up on power for a few minutes to make sure nothing was going to puke from just being hooked up. after about 8 minutes I grabbed the mike and turned the squelch down. at 3 am
here its not unusual to hear nothing but dead air on every channel, so I found channel 16 which is always dead so I wouldn't bug any one.. hit the transmit button and.....
it squealed briefly, pegged the needle, then started popping power surges about 1 per second. now the needle is stuck on 30db
on the bright side the freq counter seems to work..... and it will power up.
now to plan My next move... I think digging up a local cb
shop may be a good idea. unfortunately I don't think there areany decent ones in this area outside of truck stops.