Go Back   WorldwideDX Amateur Radio Forums > Amateur Radio Related > General Ham Radio Discussion


Amateur Callsign Lookup
Enter Callsign:

Triplexer question

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By N8YX

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Se7en's Avatar
W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ca
Posts: 4,712
Se7en is on a distinguished road
Question Triplexer question


Comet CFX-324B it says the the single pl259 is the out put. well can it be used in a reverse fashion. one radio, three antennas?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 PM
EDUK8TR's Avatar
W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West Central Highlands, VA
Posts: 934
EDUK8TR is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky View Post
Comet CFX-324B it says the the single pl259 is the out put. well can it be used in a reverse fashion. one radio, three antennas?
YUP!
__________________
"To be is to do"-Socrates;

"To do is to be"-Sartre;

"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra;

WV4L,CDX-787,AK2787
Mobile/Base
Icom70000/Kenwood TS-2000 w/LDG AT-1000ProII
Stock mic or W2ENY headset on VOX/D104 w/Heil HC-5 or W2ENY headset on VOX
Tarheel 200A-HP w/N2VZ Turbo Tuner,Larson NMO 2/70B/TX-472 tower w/ 80M Horizontal Delta Loop, 20-6M K4KIO Hex beam, Gulf Alpha Dual Band Cross Polarity 7X7El. 2M:10 El.v70 CM beam, Arrow 146-440GP
Ameritron AL80A

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Se7en's Avatar
W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ca
Posts: 4,712
Se7en is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUK8TR View Post
YUP!
Okay thanks

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere between DC and Daylight..
Posts: 245
N8YX is on a distinguished road
Default

I've used mine both ways. When you get the unit, open it up and make sure that none of the coils inside are touching the shielding walls or the outer enclosure. For whatever reason, in two of the triplexers I've bought over the last few years they were...resulting in a "dead" port.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Se7en's Avatar
W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ca
Posts: 4,712
Se7en is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
I've used mine both ways. When you get the unit, open it up and make sure that none of the coils inside are touching the shielding walls or the outer enclosure. For whatever reason, in two of the triplexers I've bought over the last few years they were...resulting in a "dead" port.
Dang, Who made those unit's?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 AM
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere between DC and Daylight..
Posts: 245
N8YX is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky View Post
Dang, Who made those unit's?
The one which I most recently bought is a Diamond MX-324D. Will have to look at the one in my wife's car (she's also licensed) and see if it's the same model. That unit gave me fits as well.

We use these to combine 3 radios (2, 220, 440) into one feedline but I'm looking to do the reverse tower-side: Put up 3 horizontal loops (6/2/432) and feed them with one run of LMR600, using the triplexer to split the feeds.
Se7en likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-22-2012, 04:44 AM
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere between DC and Daylight..
Posts: 245
N8YX is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
The one which I most recently bought is a Diamond MX-324D. Will have to look at the one in my wife's car (she's also licensed) and see if it's the same model. That unit gave me fits as well.
Checked the triplexer in wife's car this morning - another MX-324. If you buy one and it has a dead port (no RX; high VSWR on TX), the fix is pretty easy. The most time consuming part of the process is getting all of the cover screws out of the unit.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Se7en's Avatar
W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ca
Posts: 4,712
Se7en is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
Checked the triplexer in wife's car this morning - another MX-324. If you buy one and it has a dead port (no RX; high VSWR on TX), the fix is pretty easy. The most time consuming part of the process is getting all of the cover screws out of the unit.
Oh ok I was thinking of gettingbthe comet 324. After all I dont own a vhf uhf meter...pfft
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks
Worldwide Radio Forum



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NCVEC Deletes Question from Amateur Extra Question Pool ARRL ARRL Updates 0 03-28-2011 11:00 PM
NCVEC Releases Second Technician Question Pool ARRL ARRL Updates 0 02-02-2010 02:00 PM
NCVEC Releases New Technician Class Question Pool ARRL ARRL Updates 1 01-05-2010 05:04 AM
NCVEC to Release New Technician Question Pool to Public in January 2010 ARRL ARRL Updates 0 11-19-2009 08:00 AM
NCVEC Question Pool Committee Begins Work on 2010 Technician Pool Revisions ARRL ARRL Updates 1 02-11-2009 07:22 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Worldwide Radio Forum