• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 Meter

W1MSG

Now W1MSG
May 9, 2010
MA
Looking to make my first HF Contact on 10m 28.38 9-11 am EST or 5-10 pm.

Not sure if the band will even be open, but I'll keep trying...

Listen on 28.400. If the band opens up, somebody will usually be on. If you make contact, try to remember to move to another frequency, thus leaving the calling freq open for others to use.

When you are not doing anything guys..download fldigi/flarq...flarq is a beacon sent out with call letters...they use it for nbems emcomm tfc some clubs...anyhow put that on 10 meters and if another member hears it you can connect directly to it for station to station qso ...we have made a few contacts with it....

DOCTOR/795...

P.S. Dont put it on ssb frequency just cw portion..and let guys know what frequency...

28.400 is NOT a "calling freq" by any KNOWN "official" amateur oganization, U.S. or INTERNATIONAL.
anyone can start a website and put out MIS-information.:blink:

this idea seems to have been fabricated by some people that have an HF SSB operating range of 28.300 - 28.500 and think that 28.400 (right in the middle of their band) is an INTERNATIONAL calling freq. it's not.

the ONLY (world-wide) SSB 10 meter calling freq is 28.385 USB (QRP).

It is a "de facto" calling frequency. At the end of the day, band plans are not mandatory anyway, just a good idea and common courtesy to follow them. As far as I know, 14.230 is not "officially" anything other than another 20 meter frequency, but it is the de facto SSTV calling frequency for that band.

And if everybody is listening on a particular frequency, whatever it is, and nobody's transmitting, then nobody's going to hear another station, right?

Try a CQ. I've called CQ on "dead" bands and had a ball with one QSO after another for an hour and more.

..download fldigi/flarq....anyhow put that on 10 meters ..we have made a few contacts with it....

DOCTOR/795...

P.S. Dont put it on ssb frequency just cw portion..and let guys know what frequency...

gee, i don't mean to come over as a whiner/bitcher, but,.......... CW PORTION???

1. you CAN use CW in the "ssb frequency" area of 10 meters.

2. this program transmits in OLIVIA or MT63 or DOMINIOex11(FEC) modes.

if you simply use it in "just cw portion" of the band , you may have a problem.
there are "gentlemans agreements" and then there are FCC regulations, don't get them confused. jus sayin:pop:

Made my first contact, he is only a few towns over from me but its still a contact !! W1RIL !

28.400 go figure, we moved to 28.410 as there may have been another station as well.

It may not be an Official Calling Freq if there is such a thing, but it worked for me, I also listen on 28.385.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.