• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10m is Open !

Getting a lot of close DX here. Just talked to RI and Ohio is in there now. Maine and Nova Scotia have been in here. Roger, don't worry about the flutter. There is an Aurora affect going on.

I have heard Aurora on 10/11 different times. I'm not saying the Aurora has caused the conditions , I was saying there seemed to be some Aurora affect do to Aurora activity. The Aurora energy right now is pretty strong
NOAA POES Auroral Activity

It is usually indicated by hearing fluttering of the voices. I noticed several yesterday. But who knows, may just have been a fluke do to the conditions.

Yea Ron, it was great. I heard the RI in there and wanted it bad but did not want to step on some one in your round table that I could not copy so I sat back.

I prob should have gone for it as RI is so rare here for me.

Hope it is going tonight again.

AP

I have heard Aurora on 10/11 different times. I'm not saying the Aurora has caused the conditions , I was saying there seemed to be some Aurora affect do to Aurora activity. The Aurora energy right now is pretty strong
NOAA POES Auroral Activity

It is usually indicated by hearing fluttering of the voices. I noticed several yesterday. But who knows, may just have been a fluke do to the conditions.

I'm sure most of the propagation we've had the past few days have been been the typical "E".I think you probably did hear some aurora, as the band was closing I did notice the "talking through water" sound associated with aurora propagation.

Sometimes that underwater effect combined with very short (but greater than groundwave distance) skip can mean backscatter or other scatter mode propagation is afoot.

Sometimes that underwater effect combined with very short (but greater than groundwave distance) skip can mean backscatter or other scatter mode propagation is afoot.

I guess you learn something everyday, I always thought there needed to be "F" propagation for backscatter to occur.I am still leaning towards aurora for what I heard, due to the distance.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated