• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11.3258 MHZ Crystal - any one stock this?

a guy in Florida sells them but a little pricey, 1 member here in Australia sells them ever so often. I bought 2 from him a couple months ago.. they were cheaper from him shipped from Australia than the guy in Florida..in fact I have not noticed him posting the past few weeks.here on the site
Florida = Brian AF4K

Reactions: LeapFrog
Should act pretty much the same.

Some crystals will 'stretch' farther on the clarifier than others. The "fat" crystal used in the Cobra 2000 was famous for a wide coverage range on the clarifier knob. Good thing it had both the "Fine" and "Coarse" knob.

And some crystals just won't stretch as far.

Never learned now to predict which ones do and which ones don't.

Except by trying them.

Thanks nomed. I am trying to UNMOD a 148 GTL and someone put in a 11.1125 MHz crystal and some sort of kit. They have chokes removed and replaced with resistors and resistors removed and jumped. At least they did not blow the PLL because that was removed and there was something encased in plastic with wires run to where the PLL should have been..... So there are not too many 11.325 crystals around so I will use the 11.3258 in it's place.
Thank You.

I will look in my inventory if i have one in stock.i sell parts to members here all they do is pay for shipping if your intrested pm me.there all pullsi test them before sending out.

A little info on changing the crystals. by The Defpom on another forum
The Defpom » Saturday 5th Jun 2010, 23:54

That is funny, I get people giving me Cobra 148's to convert from 27 to 26MHz, it almost seems a waste to convert one back !

Basically the NZ mod involves changing a crystal (X3) to drop the radio down by 635KHz (from 11.325MHz to 11.1125MHz) , however, once that crystal has been changed, all you need to do to get 27MHz is pull pin 10 of the PLL low (to 0V), that will shift the radio up by 640KHz (5KHz high from the AU band).

If you want a permanent conversion (as I suspect you would) retune the radios Loop Oscillator adjustments down by 5KHz (L22, L23, L59), if they do not stretch that far, then you may need to solder a small ceramic capacitor across the X3 crystal, probably about 5pF or 10pF (the smaller the better) in order to drop the crystal frequency.

That is unless you happen to have a 11.325MHz crystal laying around, so you can swap it back to original (would still need retuning).
Cheers

Scott
The Defpom

All the best
-LeapFrog

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?