• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1SD227 Milan, Italy to San Jose CA - DX

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
Just had a 20 over 9 QSO with Milan, Italy.
"Giancarlo" on 27.495/USB from here on the West Coast of CA.

Check out a picture of the beam he is using - amazing!
1SD227 GIANCARLO

I used 75 watts on my 4 element Sirio beam. Never, ever had such a distant contact on 11m that was so clear. He was running 700 watts on a 9 element beam. Full fidelity and full quieting. Giancarlo's English was xlnt. Most impressive DX I ever had - let alone on 11m freeband at that. He copied me at 10 over 9.

(y)
:D

I know conditions are optimal as of now.
Who did you talk to today?

Last edited:

Giancarlo has a very good station!

I talked to him 3 times last week and one day this week, he was really working lots of stations last week - Australia and French Polynesia was his main targets it seemed.

He was also on ch 38 at about 20db for awhile too.

I am sure we will hear him more as the conditions get better.

I worked around 15 stations from Europe today, then got tired and shut the radio down.

Netherlands
England
UK
Spain
Japan
Ireland
New Caledonia
Austria
Balearic Islands
Asiatic Russia*
Philippines*
*Just now worked these two country's*

oops, one more to add, just made contact to:
155SD828 - Jack in Taipe, Taiwan
7:15pm

Last edited:

prob a dumb question, but how r those numbers attained?
i spoke with a France station today while driving home, nice and strong and clear but i think he maybe bumped my in-radio meter once over 5 minutes of two-way dialogue
i'd just like to be able to offer my contacts a little more than "shyt ur loud" :)

thanx

"Giancarlo" on 27.495/USB from here on the West Coast of CA.

Check out a picture of the beam he is using - amazing!
1SD227 GIANCARLO

I used 75 watts on my 4 element Sirio beam. Never, ever had such a distant contact on 11m that was so clear. He was running 700 watts on a 9 element beam. Full fidelity and full quieting. Giancarlo's English was xlnt. Most impressive DX I ever had - let alone on 11m freeband at that. He copied me at 10 over 9.

(y)
:D

I know conditions are optimal as of now.

Who did you talk to today?

I talked to 227 also. Very nice sounding station. I have been out of town for afew days but made up for it the last two days. I think I talked to every station in europe lol!

You were coming into ireland at s6 or so mrclean. I heard u mention that was your am handle. I wouldnt advise you to go back to a 4 pill as the qrm from the states and russian taxis was nearly as loud.

You were coming into ireland at s6 or so mrclean. I heard u mention that was your am handle. I wouldnt advise you to go back to a 4 pill as the qrm from the states and russian taxis was nearly as loud.

I was running about 500 watts out of that SB200 so the 4 pill would be about the same. Most reports were better than s6. And a guy never knows what condition his conditions are in. Or maybe your antenna sucks lol. Just glad to get to talk over there. Wish we would have talked. Peace.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?