• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2009 Dayton Hamvention Coverage

I have one exactly like that myself.

f0rtdz.jpg

wow, with all the same imperfections too...

High Power Baluns

For all you high power junkies, here are few 1:1 current isolation baluns. We've had posts occasionally asking where to purchase these things, so here you go:

Msquared 5KW 1:1 balun:

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture816-msquared-5kw-1-1-balun.jpg

Msquared 10KW 1:1 balun:

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture814-msquared-1-1-10kw-balun.jpg

Inside the Msquared 10KW balun:

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture815-msquared-1-1-10kw-balun-inside.jpg

And here's another 5KW 1:1 balun from BalunDesigns:

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture813-balun-designs-1-1-5kw-balun.jpg

Cubex 8 element quad

Cubex has had these out for a while, as well, but they're more impressive in person :) This is a 8 element quad for 2 meters. They were selling them for $125.

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture817-cubex-8-element-quad.jpg

This is a display of the Icom IC-7000 rig with the AH4 auto tuner. You can see that Bill was trying to talk to the truck drivers again (y)

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture818-icom-ic-7000-ah4-auto-tuner.jpg

This is a huge trailer mounted tower that Bill is standing in front of. I think this was a 100' tower, and they had one twice this size on the other side of the lot

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture819-trailer-mounted-tower.jpg

Here is one of the guys that climbed the tower to service the antenna briefly. I'm not sure, but I think the antenna was 3 element phased 80m folded dipole. It looked like a folded dipole yagi, but it also looks like there is coax running to all three elements.

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture820-climbing-trailer-tower-service-antenna.jpg

Commander HF-2500

This isn't a new product either, but I thought some would like to see what a Commander HF-2500 amp looks like. Pretty nice!

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture821-commander-hf-2500-amp.jpg

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture822-inside-commander-hf-2500.jpg

Steppir motor

Ever wonder what the inside of the Steppir motor looks like? Here's a pic of the one used on the Yagis. Sorry for the reflection in the pic...

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture823-steppir-motor.jpg

A couple more shots of interesting rigs. Nothing new here, but it's still fun to take pictures :)

This is the ultra compact Yaesu FTM-10. It's a really small VHF/UHF mobile that can be installed just about anywhere. The face is detachable like most mobile rigs.

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture825-yaesu-ftm-10.jpg

And, this is the TenTec Orion II:

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture824-tentec-orion-ii.jpg

One last one please...

Get Bill to show us his tits with all the other radio gals...

One last one please...

Get Bill to show us his tits with all the other radio gals...

HA! If I had thought of that, I would have! Although that would be a mighty rude finish to this thread!

Dayton

My trip to Dayton is over.... :cry:
This was my fourth trip and even though the attendance is shrinking I still had fun! Meet up with Happy_Hammer and moleculo on Saturday and even got to meet Slim! Stayed till about 10:00 AM Sunday then headed home, a 12 hour trip North... I'll post some pics of the event and here is one of moleculo.... somewhere near the ICOM booth....

73 mechanic

Attachments

• moleculo.jpg
    moleculo.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 208

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?