• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

38 LSB "Day after Day after Day"..biggest loser on the air.

We have had a guy in the central Florida area who has been hollering BJ 23 on ch 19 for 30 years. The BJ part is self explanatory.

Strange, but we had a gal saying it for years in the Wichita Falls, TX area. She was always running with someone else, and I figured it was some kind of code for a wide load trailer, because sometimes he would come on and say he was exiting to the access road. Maybe he was stopping for a bless jesus!

RT307

I am sure many of you heard this before:

"The best thing about CB Radio is 'anyone can buy one' and the worst thing about CB Radio is 'anyone can buy one' "

that sums it up pretty good since CB radios can be bought at any truck stop all across the country and i am sure ebay, craigslist, and your local yard sale will have a few CB Radios too

so dont be surprised or too disappointed when you hear strange comments and/or profanity, i wont pretend CB radio is going to be polite because it has not been in the 20 years i been using it

plus CBs for sale in pawn shops, flea markets & swapmeets, kids getting on daddy's CB while dad is not around, or just given away free, or someone just finds one sitting in a desk or closet or garage just abandoned so they hook it up and use it, to be bothered or upset over things people say on a CB radio that you dont approve of is just crazy because there must be millions of CB radios out there and nobody is going to control all that not even the FCC because there are just too many of them = just turn the dial while the DX/skip is rolling will prove that

Whats sad is, I can hear everything here in Houston. Happy Hooker and his "That man in Iowa is a very very bad man" and day after day, and there was some racist bastard few days ago ranting about any and everything pissing the whole band off. I have heard 108 but it wasn't in a negative way. Normal really unless it was another 108 which is possible. Hell, I've heard at least 6 other 187's on 38 lower which is my number also and has been for years now. Now that I think about it, 38 lower is turning into another 19 and 6. And from what I've been hearing, amateur bands are all going the same way. Thinking twice on getting a license now and just getting out of this hobby. To many "kids" (Putting it as nice as I can now.) are out there ruining it. :glare:

I know this an old topic and I guess some things just don't change. I have been hearing this day after day guy for the last few days and all the people he ticks off. Makes me wonder why the other guys just don't ignore this clown and try to make contacts on other frequencies. LSB 38 is so damn crowded, so I try to find other places to talk. In fact this morning I had a nice conversation with #2 Jim from Lake Ontario from down here in central Texas. Jim informed me he is 87 years old and can't remember all those numbers so he just goes with #2 Jim :).

So, what are some other frequencies you guys like to talk on other then 38 LSB? If i remember right I found #2 Jim on 27.475 LSB.

Last edited:
I know this an old topic and I guess some things just don't change. I have been hearing this day after day guy for the last few days and all the people he ticks off. Makes me wonder why the other guys just don't ignore this clown and try to make contacts on other frequencies. LSB 38 is so damn crowded, so I try to find other places to talk. In fact this morning I had a nice conversation with #2 Jim from Lake Ontario from down here in central Texas. Jim informed me he is 87 years old and can't remember all those numbers so he just goes with #2 Jim :).

So, what are some other frequencies you guys like to talk on other then 38 LSB? If i remember right I found #2 Jim on 27.475 LSB.
27.425 is my normal "parking spot".

The real Day after day radio is 455 out of Phoenix, AR. He never gets into arguements with people nor makes fun of people and day after day just became his trademark saying that others started copying and using to stir up garbage on the band. The real Day after Day is actually a really nice guy

The real Day after day radio is 455 out of Phoenix, AR. He never gets into arguements with people nor makes fun of people and day after day just became his trademark saying that others started copying and using to stir up garbage on the band. The real Day after Day is actually a really nice guy

I heard 455 a couple of days ago, I tried to make contact but had no luck. I guess the day after day guy I hear is in the northeast part of the country.

sdmahr, I have made a few contacts on 27.425 and I go by 353 so maybe you'll hear me.

Im 388 waving my hand day after day on a short tusty long wire or im in my shortbus portable.they call me special ed the shortbus driver in va.

There are a couple. The one I know if out west. Day after day radio. Numbers are either 454 or 455. Have to look in my log book to find his numbers.

Pretty sure it's 454 pirate radio, day after day!! Like I said, there is more than one!! What they do the things they do is beyond me other than just out of sheer ignorance and no having no manners at all!!! Raise in s barn most likely LOL!!

The guy I hear is in the middle somewhere like Chicago...I think its the same guy that used to say, "get a job!" years ago.
I1v0rdC.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.