1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

38LSB

Discussion in 'CB QSO Planning & Schedules' started by moose, Sep 10, 2011.

1. moose

moose No good can come of this.

Does anybody do the DX contests anymore? I don't get on like I used too but am on right now talking to Texas loud and clear and Arizona is in the weeds. Maybe I need to come out here and warm this thing up more often.

1 person likes this.
  2. nobody

nobody Member

I can hear just about every one but apparently no one can hear me. Guess I'll have to get one of those amps to get out there.

3. n0zna

n0zna W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

will have to listen

tommorow,been on 10mtrs all the time...

4. binrat

binrat W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

I talked to Northern Ireland this morning, he was a solid 5.9, sometimes 20 over. He said I was hitting him at a 5.9 as well.

1 person likes this.
  5. hotrod

hotrod Well-Known Member

on 38lsb i get irelasnd and england almost every morning nowdays around 7-9 am est

1 person likes this.
  6. chassis221

chassis221 Member

38LSB is busy

Here in SE Pa. I get Amarillo Texas all the time. California, Ohio, New York, New Mexico, Canada, NJ, alabama. Most anytime at all on 38L.

1 person likes this.
  7. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin Staff Member

27.385 is active just about every day here in Ca on lower side band.

Jeff

8. HomerBB

HomerBB Well-Known Member

I get tons of action on 38 LSB.

9. N8YX

N8YX Active Member

I keep a receiver parked on the frequency. It's rare that I DON'T hear any activity.

10. unit_399

unit_399 EL CAPO

I monitor 38lsb and use it as my contact channel on ssb. Use channel 15 or 26.915 on AM. Both are good for short "howdy" qsos, but for real conversation, we qsy somewhere else.

11. unit511

unit511 Member

Usually 38 lower but sometimes too much bleed from a local on 2 or more pills so I hightail it over to 36 lower....It's clearer for me but has less activity. Usually on everyday 3:30pm to when skip dies out... usually 6pm eastern time. Talked to a fellow in Corpus Christie, Texas. I found a link for finding distances "as the crow flies". His distance was 1,650 miles.... That is amazing!!!! This radio "thing we have" is cool times 2.. Seems there is a wormhole between NY and Texas... At times Texas is louder than my locals...Time right now is 6:22pm and all I hear is static.

12. 123kid

123kid Active Member

awesome

The conditions were excellent tonight on this channel and band i was talking all over.I enjoy dxing its exciting knowing theres nothing but you a radio and antenna of course a mic and power supply.No help from cell towers or the internet.Its amazing....

13. Zman

Zman K9FON

38 LSB is full of power guys so if you want to get on there to make contacts you need to run a KW or more.

14. Robb

Robb Yup

Here is a thought:
    Consider a better antenna and install it properly in the right location before considering using any amp.

There are 'conditions' to that statement; don't be afraid to ask . . .

3 people like this.
  15. HomerBB

HomerBB Well-Known Member

There are folks with big wattage out there on 38LSB, but I'm not one of them. I monitor and use 38LSB more than any other frequency, and do it with vewry little power, often making solid contacts with my radio only. I also connect in the mobile, which is a low power setup, too. I do this with a variety of antennas from a 4 element Yagi, to a 2 element, from a dipole to a V4k, and wire to metal construction, too.
    I don't have any big power. On high, I can get 200 watts, but I run it on low for 125 max PEP.
    Conditions always either work, or they don't.