• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

38LSB

I have been getting some good DX here in PA. Australia, normal england contacts, texes and such. The conditions are good, but the time of day to make the contacts changes obviously.

231 PA

I work at home, and my Uniden is here beside the monitor and on from as early as 3am sometimes, till the time I go to bed, tuned to 38 lsb, and for at least a week now, nothing but static and the crackling of far off lightning, which I can see and hear several seconds later. But the most I have heard in the way of skip is from a few clear words to half a sentence, then it's just gone, like it never even happened.

Yes, my antenna works excellent, the radio transmits and receives, cause I can talk to all the locals on Ch 3 am anytime I want to tune in.

Someone, please tell me this is normal, before I go insane. LOL Am I right in thinking it has to do with my latitude and time of year?

I've been making contacts the last 2-3 days on 38 lower. Just the other day I made 5 or 6 contacts to Canada, and at least 1 to South Carolina. 213 west central Missouri with the wave.(y)

You got it on now? I monitor 38 lsb all the time and I have heard a couple Missouri stations in there today and the last couple days. I'll give you a shout, 058 Wisconsin.

454 North Carolina is talking over us with 32 Missouri.

I can't believe how busy it is. :)

I think you and I may have talked around 10-ish your time. I was in the mobile and heard you call. My call is 231 west central Missouri.

454 North Carolina is talking over us with 32 Missouri.

I can't believe how busy it is. :)

there is 2 "454"s, one in florida I talked to tonight on AM, the other local in NC, I talked to on direct wave the other day in my mobile, over about 50 miles

I missed most of the fun, didnt get back from my job till 11 or so, almost ran out of fuel because all was closed and somehow ended up talking to a couple of local stations on AM with DX stations coming in and out every 10 or 15 minutes. Noise floor was near zero, except for traffic lights and neon signs. talked with one station for about an hour, until I was over 40 miles out before I lost him.
Right before I got home, almost 3 am, I could still hear faint stations fading in on the lower channels. Interesting conditions, I dont think I ever seen it like this at night.

Turbo T, I know I tried calling you many times from just after you made that post last night. I wrote the name and number down in my log so I could remember it. I know I heard you, but it was so faint and fading in and out, I couldn't tell if you were answering or not.

I use a dipole, and they are like that, very directional and bounce centric. If your not within the bounce area when the signal comes down, you don't hear me and I probably won't hear you very well. But if you are in the area, it doesn't matter how far away you are generally, you will be the loudest station I hear. LOL, I love trying to predict where the bounces land.

In fact, I use some websites to try and record some of the bounces by direction and distance, just to see if I can find a pattern with the dipole. Here is a site that will tell you your distance from you to any other point on earth, the bearing and distance in Km. Here is another one for just distance as the crow flies. And of course, you can get your own and target Lat. Long. from Google to fill in the boxes. :)

Last edited:
I talked with Larry ( DX Man ) for about 30 Min last night around 9PM Pacific time and the Band was very good. He held a solid S-9 throughout the QSO.
This morning I just turned the radio on @ 7AM and I Talked to Larry and again he is running a S7/S9.
Feels like that magic time of year......

Jeff

I talked with Larry ( DX Man ) for about 30 Min last night around 9PM Pacific time and the Band was very good. He held a solid S-9 throughout the QSO.
This morning I just turned the radio on @ 7AM and I Talked to Larry and again he is running a S7/S9.
Feels like that magic time of year......

Jeff

Knowing Larry he probably never went to bed. :laugh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?