• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4 pill amps conversion

ddbddg1

Dec 18, 2011
sheridan wyoming
i was wondering how hard or even if its possible to combine 3 identical 4 pill amps to make a 12 pill ?
i know i cant do it but was wondering has anyone else done it before

That would cost more than a 16 pill and a really bad way to waste a few good 4 pills, that probably would never perform correctly and be nothing but a headache..

If you look at the Texas Star Sweet 16 you will see the guts of it are two 500v amp boards. But there is a whole lot of other stuff added to make it work as an 8 pill. I am sure a good tech could build you an 8 pill from two 4 pill amplifiers but would cost a fortune. Your money ahead just buying an 8 pill from the start.

i was wondering how hard or even if its possible to combine 3 identical 4 pill amps to make a 12 pill ?
i know i cant do it but was wondering has anyone else done it before

If anyone here has tried to do that......they sure will never admit it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.