• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6m Larcan Conversion

This site has some good ideas on setting up your amplifier.
Harris Platinum I Channel 2 TV amplifiers for use on 6m

There used to be pictures for coaxial relays, but it seems they have been removed.

I looked at a 1kW Larcan transmitter today. There is an interlock on back of the module. I couldn't find how it is wired internally but looking into it. It could be an option for bias control.

lol ill leave it till i see it in person, let me know if you guys come across any good deals on relays, ive seen a few, but im still looking, or any other deal i should know about, its hard ordering stuff shipping it a different place, lots of back n forth etc.

I read that one several times before contacting you to buy, i have my own ideas as to what setup would work well for me, and i see relays on ebay, but i was just wondering if anyone had some or knew someone looking to get rid of some at a good price.

i always wondered why they didnt show pictures there.

i got the attenuator and relay ideas from a ham who had built some high power 2 meter solid state amps, his designs and methods seemed tired and true, and it stood up to 1kw at 144 mhz, im sure 50 will be fine.

I never trust "equivalent" types of cables. I prefer the real deal even if it does cost a bit more. At least you know exactly what you have. I use Andrew's LDF4-50 I managed to salvaged from a decommissioned site (or two). (y)

I just got my power supply in the mail this afternoon. not bad considering customs would have had to do their thing. $29.95 for a 3000 watt power supply and another $62.00 for shipping. Here is a link to the unit I bought on Ebay. The second link is to a site that describes how to use these PSU's with a Harris television amplifier. The amp I have is a Larcan but the power supply requirements are identical. I'm one step closer to QRO on 6m. (y)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320846630840&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:CA:1123

Harris Platinum I Channel 2 TV amplifiers for use on 6m

Did you know a Type-N is capable of handling 5kW at 20MHz?
That calculates to about 3100W at 50MHz, or 1800W at 144MHz.

Not sure I'd want to push one that hard though.

Actually I did know that having just read a bunch of specs on them and other connectors.
I was being a bit sarcastic to be honest. :whistle:

Are you sure your qualified to judge these connectors?

Maybe not. He's used to calling 1 5/8 EIA stuff patch cables. The real stuff starts at 6 1/8 inch. Type N's are just used for 50 watt exciters, program link receivers and test equipment. :whistle:

you have anywhere you know as the best place for LMR 400? or CNT 400? ive been calling around, i see prices in my email from the last time i bought it, my has it gone up.

I haven't bought any cable in years and years so I have no idea of pricing or vendors to be honest. My LDF4 was salvaged and my Belden 8214 was bought at least a half dozen years ago. They are however still on the rolls. (2)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.