• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6m Larcan Conversion

So what your saying is you should pass the LDF4 on to me?

Show me where I said that.
I am actually using the LDF4 now and need to transfer it over to the new tower in the spring when I install the antennas on it. I meant the Belden cable is still on the reels. I need it to make patch cables on each end of the LDF4. In other words, no. I am not sending it to you because then I will be the one looking for cable. have you looked at The Wireman or Ham Radio Outlet? Just google them.

Show me where I said that.
I am actually using the LDF4 now and need to transfer it over to the new tower in the spring when I install the antennas on it. I meant the Belden cable is still on the reels. I need it to make patch cables on each end of the LDF4. In other words, no. I am not sending it to you because then I will be the one looking for cable. have you looked at The Wireman or Ham Radio Outlet? Just google them.

Hahah i was just joking... and yes Warren i would like some, but shipping would be insane, ill just try my luck with LMR. Ive called around and got a few prices just wasnt sure if anyone knew a place with a good deal on it.

Amp is here :) safe and sound, got a little bend on the face plate, the actually face where it would come out the rack, which i am sure happened on the airplane, other than that looks great:)

That is my plan as well but I haven't done it yet either. I also plan to change the input connector to a BNC I think. I have been in no real hurry as I don't even have my 6m yagi up on the tower yet and probably won't until late spring as I have a lot of tower/antenna work to do which came to a halt when winter set in. Hopefully everything will be a go for this years Es season.

Have you got a power supply for it yet? I picked up this one on Ebay for a Buy It Now price of $29.99 plus about $62.00 shipping. Not a bad deal at all for a 3000 watt power supply.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320846630840&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:CA:1123

Capt., yes I have that exact power supply. I had to pay through the nose for mine though. A whopping $49.95!!! Can you believe it?

Warren, yes I did consider an SO239, probably has a little more power handling capacity, than an N, though that should not be an issue with 1 module amp.

Um, the SO239 suggestion was not meant to be taken seriously...
Get yourself a real connector on there instead.

What are your plans for the input connector?

This is strictly just for the sake of knowing or wondering..

assuming the coax on the quick input connector can reach where it is needed in our individual designs , is their any advantage of converting to any other connector? Im sure any difference would not be noticeable to a human, especially as its not in the receive path.

As built, the module is meant to slide on a set of rails that mate on a back plane of the transmitter. It is held in place with the small clips on front.

The existing RF input connector is meant to slide on and off as needed. The small connector and cable you have was bolted to the transmitter chassis. You can put a connector on the end of the cable and plug into your T/R switch, or replace the slide on connector with something more standard such as a BNC.

One way or other you need to install a connector. It goes either on the chassis or the end of the small cable. Which is easier and suits your needs better?

My choice of connectors if/when I use one will be BNC / Type-N.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated