• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

8 pill 2SC2879 mobile

"Only" 6 channels is still a whole lot of splatter.. a WHOLE lot. Not at all what I would call clean.. Perhaps a bit clean for an unfiltered class C box though.

he wanted to know what to expect out a 8 pill so i gave him an example of what i get out of mine.!

"Only" 6 channels is still a whole lot of splatter.. a WHOLE lot. Not at all what I would call clean.. Perhaps a bit clean for an unfiltered class C box though.

I was around the corner (literally about 2 blocks away) from my friends house a few months back with my suburban. I was trying to shoot some skip and had somewhere around 8kw out there with my toob amp. He was scanning the band trying to find me on adjacent channels etc,. when I arrived at his house he told me I wasn't even bleeding 1 channel . He only heard me on 28.

I run a stock cb radio with 100% modulation, no power mic, and loaf my driver at half throttle. Seems to stay clean.:bdh:

I was around the corner (literally about 2 blocks away) from my friends house a few months back with my suburban. I was trying to shoot some skip and had somewhere around 8kw out there with my toob amp. He was scanning the band trying to find me on adjacent channels etc,. when I arrived at his house he told me I wasn't even bleeding 1 channel . He only heard me on 28.

I run a stock cb radio with 100% modulation, no power mic, and loaf my driver at half throttle. Seems to stay clean.:bdh:

Take this however you want but I call BS. A barefoot radio running super clean will be heard at least one channel away when sitting outside the house due to frontend overload of the receiver. Running 8Kw would be :laugh::LOL:. Your buddy was lying to make you feel good.Either that or you..............never mind. :pop:

Reactions: bevis and Se7en
The amplifier should only draw about 100 amps. Having 200 amps available is a great idea since it will reduce voltage drop and provide plenty of headroom for the positive peaks.

i don't use large amps so don't know much about them, but i do know that having twice the amount of current available than is required is a superb rule of thumb for all radio electronics, running psu's close to their limit will only shorten its useful life, sometimes very dramatically. psu's designed to run at 200 amps will coast along at 100 amp draw all day long as will a 20 amp psu powering a standard export radio.

Those who know a few fundamentals will know. :D
The average CB/export radio has neither the IF selectivity, nor the front-end selectivity/mixer selectivity to properly suppress a large signal 10 khz away. Most, if not all CB linears are dirty, with an IMD figure of 20dB or less at best, assuming class AB. The class C boxes - well forget about them. They are RF switches producing trash for megahertz.

8KW? Yeah. Where's he going to get the electricity he'll need to run that thing?

The average CB/export radio has neither the IF selectivity, nor the front-end selectivity/mixer selectivity to properly suppress a large signal 10 khz away. Most, if not all CB linears are dirty, with an IMD figure of 20dB or less at best, assuming class AB. The class C boxes - well forget about them. They are RF switches producing trash for megahertz.

8KW? Yeah. Where's he going to get the electricity he'll need to run that thing?

he is using a ac mobile alt that is his electricity oh + 12v for the fan lights and stepdown resistor to drop the tube filament voltage from 12 to around 6.5 to 7.5 did i leave anything out

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated