• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

80m tonight

Got a net on 7.185 and another on 7.178. no way I can work 7.183 without creating QRM for one net and getting my receive splattered from the other.:thumbdown:

well...........

No 80 for me for a while..... or 40 or 20 or 15 for that matter....

Long wire went up in smoke last nite trying to tune the henry on 40 meter :confused:

That sucks.

Try a fan dipole if you have time to build one, works great.

The KJ4IIF Multiband "FAN" Dipole for 160, 80 and 40 Meters

This one worked great at my FL QTH, I took the 160 meter leg off and built another 20/40/80 fan for a blind ham friend of mine, he needed a no tune antenna so the fan was the answer.

Try a fan dipole if you have time to build one, works great.

The KJ4IIF Multiband "FAN" Dipole for 160, 80 and 40 Meters

This one worked great at my FL QTH, I took the 160 meter leg off and built another 20/40/80 fan for a blind ham friend of mine, he needed a no tune antenna so the fan was the answer.

Hmmm looks very interesting.... I have day off today looks like I will be going to PHX to get some materials and try this build..

Well as I was taking the long wire down to see what was wrong....

I was also winding up the coax, And to my surprise what did I find...

A big bare spot where a damned Pak Rat had eating thru the coax cable to the center strand, What little that was left of the shield would hold 100 watts but not almost a KW :cry:

Anyone want a couple FREE lazy no good cats that do not do there job?

Be back on by the weekend **Jump_im**

Well as I was taking the long wire down to see what was wrong....

I was also winding up the coax, And to my surprise what did I find...

A big bare spot where a damned Pak Rat had eating thru the coax cable to the center strand, What little that was left of the shield would hold 100 watts but not almost a KW :cry:

Anyone want a couple FREE lazy no good cats that do not do there job?

Be back on by the weekend **Jump_im**

Sure send them to the QTH I am sure my golden retrievers will teach them how to play fetch, dig holes, and lay land mines in the back yard:D

Glad you found the problem with the coax.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.