• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alinco DJ-G7 mod

I need to mod my alinco

I am planning to use my alinco dj-g7 but the problem is i need to mod it for 174.000. can this radio be modified to operate to transmit on 174.000?
otherwise I will not be able to use it at my department.

Also there is no video or any info at the page. I cannot see anything.

Please help me if there is a way to cancel the limit for that frequency.

Last edited:
The transmit range after the mod is 136-160mhz and 420-470mhz. 1.2Ghz remains unchanged. If you need 174Mhz, you're going to have to find a different radio.

I just checked and the video is there. At my work they block youtube.com because of bandwidth issues which makes the video location appear blank - your workplace may be doing the same. Try it from home if you can.

Thanks a lot. you are rigth the video is blocked at the office. I am very dissappointed but as you say, I will not be able to use that radio on 174 mhz. Thank you very much for your quick answer. your reviews are great. excellent job. thank you again.

I received my DJ-G7 on thursday night,
I didn't realize until this morning (Monday) it was /E not /T.
That explains why I don't have auto repeater shift :-(
But it came already widebanded - otherwise the /E would not operate in our 2m band (144-148) in Australia. so I had a look at the tx range and found it to be 136 - 169.987 and 400 - 469.987.
haven't checked 23cm.

73 Mike VK6MB

Last edited:
I recently received the new Alinco H/H I was surprised to find that to have wideband rx it has to be modded. The specs state it covers 500kcs "old fashioned" to 1.5gigs. The shop modded it but it cannot rx between 230-380 mhz am. So back it went. Am considering the VX8 can this rx those frequencies.
Rgds
Chas
GM4WIE

Still curious as to why the DJ-G7 needs modifying for wideband rx. The specs clearly state that is already state it is wideband for rx. I think the mod is mucking up the sensitivity of the wideband rx. What say anybody?
Chas
GM4WIE

I think there is a difference between the U.S. version and the European version. I don't recall having any issues with the wideband RX before the mod. I also haven't noticed any difference in sensitivity.

On yours, try putting it back to stock and do a before/after comparison and report back to us.

Is it possible to take the extended mod. to TX 118-136 Mhz (FM).

Best Regards
Chris

Not by doing this mod. I did talk to Tech Support at Alinco who said that the radio can be "modified" via software to pretty much transmit anywhere, if you are an assembler programmer. However, they cautioned against doing this (of course) because they felt that the radio would not be stable on certain frequency ranges.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.