• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ameritron RCS-10 Antena Switch

frankd4

Sep 16, 2011
Hard to tell the unit died after two days then I had to pay to ship it back they will not switch it out for another unit it's been three weeks and I still do not have it back, I will update when I get it back.

So what happened? What is it switching for antennas and how much power are you running through it? Any lightning in the area? I have an RCS-10 which is to be installed in the spring. One thing Ameritron cautions is that the control box is very susceptible to nearby lightning strikes. There should be some sort of lightning arrester unit on the control leads. Ameritron also makes an RCS-10L which has built in lightning arrestors. Tower mounted devices like remote switches, preamps, rotators, etc can be taken out from lightning that never hits it but is in the local area.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated