• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Announcing the W9WDX Worldwidedx.com Amateur Radio Club

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
We have applied for and received authorization to form our own Official Amateur Radio Club! The vainty callsign W9WDX has been approved.

The Worldwidedx.com Amateur Radio Club is open to all site members who are licensed amateur radio operators. The club will be sponsored and funded by the site, which means that membership is free! (Donations will be graciously accepted.)

While there are many Amateur Radio clubs around the world, this might be one of the first virtual clubs! Once we have a few members, we are going to plan some nets using HF, echolink, and possible the D-Star network. We are looking for fun, radio related ideas for activities from all members to help promote the club and web site. Once we have enough members, we may try to coordinate some club contests!

Click on this link to sign up for the Worldwidedx.com Amateur Radio Forum. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

So do YOU have to approve my application, or might I stand a chance because one of the other mods is doing the approvals? lol

Something tells me this is going to require an upgrade to both my license & shack. I'll let you splain that one to the wife. I need to make a big dummy radio case that I can hide my new gear in. "No Hun, same old radio..." D-Star here I come.

LOL.

Approval is basically automatic, unless your wife says "NO". We will have a member list posted shortly. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Cool idea, hopefully there willl be some East Coast activity :)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated