• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Painting ?

IMO Plasti-Dip is a better alternative to paint. It will hold up better to inclimate weather and UV, and if the antenna is fiberglass it will help to prevent it from splitting over time.

Plasti-Dip is removable.
The folks on the truck forums blackout their chrome wheels, badges,etc when you're tired of the look you peel it off.

Here's a camo scheme for ya... Submarine periscope fairing

Attachments

• composite.jpg
    composite.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 51
I had a old 1970's radio shack big stick that was deteriating. I looked through the internet and found that other people painted there antennas to prevent further cracking and splitting. The only thing that I found important was that u should not use a paint with metal as an ingredient. My .02

We wouldn't want a shielded antenna stopping the RF...
The lead paint might cause conductivity or VF issues if the current were to travel through it. On an imax or an antron there would definately be capacitance issues with the lead paint but on an aluminium antenna if the current travelled through the paint there would be VF issues.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?