• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

any mods available 4 cobra 135xlr channel & power

Only problem with "power mods" for a base station is the need to chuck the internal power supply and hook it up to an external DC supply.

Making the final larger won't make the power supply larger. Power has to come from somewhere.

A higher-capacity switchmode supply might fit in place of the original, but making it fit could become a headache.

The same money spent on an amplifier delivers a much better bang for the buck.

Much better.

The 132xlr and 135xlr are not 858 radios they are 5080 pll and yes I'm well aware of expo kits used them many times but want to do it it with simple pin manipulation if I can has anyone done mosfet conversion on one of this type yet?

Haven't put channels into a 5080 radio in a long time. Best I remember, you had to change two pins to go up 32 channels. And lower channels were a problem of some sort.

Not the most channel-friendly chip ever sold.

MOSFET conversion will definitely start with a power supply twice the size of the one built in. Even if you don't get much more RF power, a MOSFET will still consume twice as much DC power.

But not from the factory-stock supply. It's just barely up to the demands of the stock radio. No additional capacity there to call on.

The 132xlr and 135xlr are not 858 radios they are 5080 pll and yes I'm well aware of expo kits used them many times but want to do it it with simple pin manipulation if I can has anyone done mosfet conversion on one of this type yet?
Wow, you are right! I made the mistake of thinking it was a 858 chassis. Was thinking 138. My mistake!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated