• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone have the 756 pro III?

Icom did this on purpose, Quality HF rigs don't like being on the " chicken band". :D

For real, it appears your speaker is rated to high for the output of that radio's output audio. Minimum wattage into a high wattage handling speaker can cause distotion just as high watt amp into a low wattage speaker.

Have you tried using another speaker like a plain old CB external one to see if it acts similar?

ya its the same on sp23 and internal

There is one thing I am concerned about. When I turn the volume up to about 1/2 (or about 45% up), my receive audio gets distorted. It gets worse when you turn it up higher. It also does this when I turn on "Monitor" to hear my own mic audio. It does this with headphones (I tried two different pairs), and also through the internal speaker.

Maybe I bought his old radio:oops:

Last edited:
Why are you using a BOOM BOX speaker, when you have an SP-23 speaker sitting there? Just curious.
OK you posted while I was typing...same huh...interesting NB blanker(s) off same issue?
Receiver EQ...have you adjusted those settings?
All the Best
Gary

I was thinking noise blanker, too. :/ Possibility you might be getting RFI from a computer, power supply, wall wart? Otherwise, I would think it's the amplifier circuit for the audio in the rig. But I'm a big dummy. :LOL:

There's a fella named Buddy that runs on here, and he has a YouTube channel called The Radio Shop. Another guy has a channel called Mr. Carlson's Lab. You might shoot those guys an email and see what they suggest.

Brett

I have a PRO III, and at 12 O'Clock it is LOUD!!!!
Yeah, if I keep turning it up it will distort a little

Read the audio specs on all the Icom rigs, they are not high end stereo amps and are not rated @ 10% THD.

Reactions: Klondike Mike
I found what it was.
It was my 3,5mm jack to the speaker, the wire is intermittent and if its not making a 100% connection, it will sound like crap.
Shitty China wire
Why is it always the simple stuff that stumps us?!? Glad you figured it out.

Brett

OK 1 more question.
Anyone turn up R507 for more power?
I finally had enough of 40w average talk power on SSB and turned up R507 from 100W RTTY carrier to 120W and it made a huge difference on my average talk power on ssb.
Now it 80-100w like it should be.
I'm just a bit worried being its the mosfet version, is there a absolute limit?
I think I could have cranked it to 150 or more but didn't.

Anyone played with R507 and how tough is the mosfet PA?

thanks

http://egpreston.com/IC756P3_power_adjustment.pdf

I'm not sure, I sold my dosy and my lp100a for that matter.
I'm seeing 120-125 on a tone, 60-80w average talking vs the 100w tone and 20-40w average.

The alc mod, is that for am or ssb?

just a question,................ do you really sit below that speaker being held in by those two stick pins?:eek:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated