• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-5888UV Sensitivity test

archjeb

Jan 26, 2014
Folks,

I just put an Anytone 5888 on the bench to do a test and saw an interesting observation.

I just tested UHF / 440 for 12dB SINAD, and I'm seeing around -117dBm. What is weird, is if I move the selected VFO over so my SINAD test is on the 'inactive' side (just monitoring side), I gain about -2dBM in sensitivity.

In other words, my A side is tuned to 440 and B side is something else. The test set is generating signal at 440 and I move the VFO selector switch to the B side...my sensitivity goes up by ~-2dBM. When I select the A side again, I lose about 2dBM.

Is this expected on this unit?

Kind of weird behavior.

I notice that no matter which side I select for 440, the behavior is the same (i.e. I tune 440 on the B side instead and A side to something else).

I would expect that maybe the A side would be more sensitive because it appears to be wider band front end to allow for Airband receive....so I do see about ~1dBM greater sensitivity on that side.

But this inactive side /monitor side gain seems weird...

-J

Reactions: BBI

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.