• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

archer crosbow

I had one a very long time ago, I would not call it junk, it did work, but nothing that would make me call it outstanding.
Along the lines of a Big Stick.
If it is cheap and you need an antenna, it is ok, but nothing to chase after.

Jeff

I would have to agree with AudioShockwav.I have one, I have used it on 11 meters, now I use it on 10, 15, 17, and 20 meteres with a tuner. It works, but it's nothing special. One word of advice though. Put a little dielectric grease on the threaded joint. I did not do it on mine, and now it is stuck together.

Reactions: TheRATT
any info on archer crosbow antenna. are they junk. i found a new one in the box.anybody using one

Is that a two section blue in color ? had one briefly in the 80s , if it's what I think it is , it was just OK , hence the "briefly"(nobody who had them ,lasted with them) it was right around the same time the Antron 99 came out and they seemed to perform much better. The Crossbow III was the beam .

" I thought the Crossbow was the three element beam."

yes. the Archer "Crossbow" was the name given to a 3 element gamma matched yagi marketed by radio shack. later the name was attached to a vertical antenna flying under the Archer brand name.

OK,I'm not crazy. I'm just older than I thought.:D

that should be it , just get it up as high as you can and it should work surprisingly well for you. Lord knows , I've used worse in my time. Peace

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.