• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

archer crosbow

does anyone have the schematics for this antenna?

If you're asking for schematics I would presume you may be referring to the 3 element Yagi? Those should be available from MFJ/Maco or on line.

The simple blue-green Archer Crossbow omni simply threaded together in the center (albeit a reverse thread, if I recall correctly) and mounted on a mast. It's basically a 100w pep 16' big stick. Why they decided to use a reverse thread at the center junction I'll never understand.

I gleaned one of the 96" blue fiberglass whips from a friend's Crossbow (which fell and splintered near the base) and rethreaded it for correct thread direction 3/8" x 24 and it makes a real nice mobile antenna on the 4-magnet mount.

It's a 100w antenna at best. It uses a small capacitor up inside to match the 72ohm center-fed dipole back down to 50ohms, and that capacitor tends to fry with any real power. - That's why you see so many of them not in use above homes, but in the landfill.

It's a center-fed dipole, and is basically a unity gain antenna. If you live in an area surrounded by hills or mountains, change out the 96" whip for a 7 foot Firestik, (which you'll have to rethread wackbirds) but it will help your signal to get up over and above the hills. I had success doing this in 1986 near Bodega Bay in the Ca coastal mountains and saw a marked improvement into town (Santa Rosa) using the 7' Firestik.

If it were me, I'd ebay it for as much as someone more nostalgic than knowledgeable (antenna-wise) will pay, then spend the cashola for a metal 5/8 like a Maco or equivalent.

Edwin: Have you check all the lengths of the 3 elements? Are all the connections correct?
If all correct: Then you slide the Gamma tube in or out to vary the tuning.
Moving that Gamma tubes maybe 1/2 inch in/out should change the tuning.
How is the beam antenna set-up when checking the tuning?

the crossbow 3 is the realistic branded hygain made 3 element beam,,, just use the manual for hygain 3 element beam,,,you can get it on the mfj site,,,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated