• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

australia

had an opening to Australia yesterday afternoon, maybe the dx will return this afternoon on 11 meters.
love pointing the beam that way and talking to those guys on SSB.. Haven't done it for awhile ,seen your post, might have to do that today.

Reactions: gamegetter
give it a shot, can't hurt to try. my contact was around 5:30 pm central time to one of the southern most parts of australia (melbourne).

operator in australia was kicking 100 watts MOBILE and his signal state side was 2&2. a little challenging, but that made it all the sweeter!

i was 5 and 7 to him on my 2950dx with about 100 watts also through a gainmaster.

enjoy

Greeting from down under. we are still getting a few good openings stateside, mainly. Cal and Texas. Best time to try is about 00.00 z give or take. Not much happening today though.FYI you can go a whole other state south of Melbourne. look for Hobart Tasmania

sorry i missed you yesterday vk, i had an extra long day at work yesterday and was unable to play radio. i am hoping to be on this afternoon and see(listen) to what interesting dx may come state side.

although my world geography is not the best, i had seen on the google earth that tasmania was a bit further south, which is why i said "one of" the southern most parts of australia. it's all good though.

i love those long haul dx contacts, this one to my location in central USA was about 9400 miles as measured on google earth, nothing exact just a more or less.

hope to work some of you guys down under and in south america when conditions improve.

unit 399, if your station is operating, hope to hear you soon.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated