• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

avanti pdl II

PDL II

Thanks for the info. I have the manual I'm looking for documentation on the patented feed system. that might be explained in the official patent

The orbital gamma match or gamma fed folded dipoles great idea to overcome the ability to switch polarity on a quad antenna. These were always good antennas for the size, the construction had alot to be desired for they would eventually fall apart. I searched for patent information on these antennas and had no luck, they information should be pre 1978. PDL II is a listed trademark of the former Avanti reasearch co.

Good Luck in your search.

Jonbah
1st Class Mud Duck !

Heres the Patent # for the original AV-120-2 (pdl-II) 3475756
The C.T.E. company owns the patent now, they bought it along with the Astro ground plane and star duster, They make it and call it the Bandit-II

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.