1. Marconi is the winner of the December WDX CB Club DX Contest! Please Congratulate him here!

AZ EL Rotator

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Antennas' started by W1MSG, Jul 3, 2010.

1. W1MSG

W1MSG Now W1MSG

I would like to put up a dual band beam for doing Satellites with a AZ / EL Rotator so I can do it all from the house. Anyone have any suggestions ? I would even go with a 2 meter and 70cm beam if needed...

2. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

There's really only a few to choose from Yaesu, Alpha-Spid, KLM, Primesat and M2, I think there are a couple more, most companies only make one or two models that have Az and El.

You might want to check out what rotors your tracking software supports. I use MacDoppler and it will support most rotors on the market and will control many different radios too.

3. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator Staff Member

I've only ever seen the Yaesu in person. They're supposed to be well made. Let us know what you choose and how it works...some pics would be cool too!

4. W1MSG

W1MSG Now W1MSG

Well I am thinking that I might just go with a plain rotator and set the antenna at 20 degrees elevation, I have heard from a few people who are doing this with great results. Of course they are using much larger beams. As soon as I make up my mind on a HF Rig I'll set things in motion for the adjustable antenna. Probably looking at the FT-857D as a base system in the house. Looks like the best bang for the buck and I really want to be ableto work the sats with it.