• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Mobile CB antenna

I got a Sirio Z-180 from Russ - for the purpose of writing a review. I will set it up on my vehicle tomorrow - so that the SWR is correct when I switch between the Wilson 1000 and the Sirio Z-180.

I will be using a Wilson mag-mount, a Honda CR-V, Galaxy 99V, and a Astatic D-104 from my end. Russ will choosing his best radio (out of 100's of them!!! - no joke) to test the receve at his end. As well as me seeing the difference or receive at my end - I will attempt to make this as thorough evaluation as I can.

I'll start another thread this Sunday with the results and happenings of this Wilson 1000 vs the Sirio Z-180 'shootout'...

Last edited:
This is what one guy at the other forum has to say: "
the coil is probably grounded at the base and tapped for the 50ohm feed point on the reverse side of what is shown in the cutout picture of the base coil."

LOL, there is no point of contact for ground until you get to the base of the antenna so tapping the coil before you reach that area is still no good. Here is the link for the 300 and 4000 series which is possible that dc ground is there.
Sirio Antenne - Products

But on the 5000 series there is a single section that pivots and is the only path from the antenna to the base so there can be no shunting before the pivot section and it would have to be in the base so tapping the coil is impossible before the pivot.
Sirio Antenne - Products

Pictures don't lie.

1144670713-1144670999-pic.jpeg
116-1243341282-pic.jpeg
this is whats the fuss all about??????????
i put my Predator 10K up against them any day
with half the watts

good review.ihad similar results when i did testing.only thing i drove till
my signal was lost .then switched antennas and seen which one did better.
@25-30 my base had no signal on me and barely no copy.switched to sirio had
bout 1s-unit with good audio
I'm intrigued.

Jc many people i know have the new Sirio Performer 5000 and say it's not as good as the older sirio 4000. If it was me i'd also go for the 4000. The Sirio Performer 5000 doesn't have the bandwidth of the 4000 either, and you know most of us use most modes and from at least 26mhz to just under 28mhz in the uk. Not saying i do nudge nudge wink wink lol. The sirio 4000 works very well indeed!!!

Does anyone have any info on where to purchase the Sirio 4000 antenna ?? And how many watts can they hold ?? Thank you.

Can't whack the sirio hp4000,i think better than both the megawatt 4000 and the performer 5000,although there ain't much to choose between them,very common in europe,especially here in the uk,ideal when matched up with the sirio mag145pl.

I would think the power handling claims are somewhat optimistic though and would be wary of sticking more than 300 odd watts through them,especially as most people run them on bases using rg58a/u.

Thank You Jazzsinger. I have an RCI-2970n2 that i will be installing in a Dodge Caravan and i was looking for an excellent antenna that will hold 300 wts. and with a bandwith for 26-27 mhz. I sent an e-mail to Knights products and Thunderpole.

I use my CB alot when mobile and use a Sirio megawatt 4000. i think this is a very good antenna indeed and it gets out with 80watts well

is there any other antenna out there that i may not be familiar with that will out peform the sirio 4000pl?

i know alot of people rave on about wilsons but i think the sirio is much better

please help me

JC in Enfield,North London, UK
What type of vehicle are you mounting it on, and what is the mounting location? The above info would help one decide on an antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated