• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Blown up, split in 2 finals?

Just popped both finals again. I knew it couldn't be that easy.

Sounds like it might be time for a new radio unfortunately... If you cannot diagnose the problem yourself, then you would have to pay a tech to take a peak at it.. Not sure what that radio costs, but by the time you pay a tech and or whatever the cost is to fix it , you might be better off spending the money on a new radio.. Good luck.. Let us know how you make out..

Check the voltage on the gates of the fets. There should be a specified voltage in the tune up section. Should be no more than 5 volts maximum. If the voltage is too high that's what is blowing your fets. Many things can cause the voltage to be too high, open resistor or a shorted diode. If you give up my offer still stands!

Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.