• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bracket knob size

axplayer

Jun 18, 2015
Easy question which I have not been able to get an answer for. What size are the bracket knobs for a Unident LX/LT? I don't think it's 5mm, the holes looks to small. Any help would be appreciated.

Never heard of a Uniden model by that name. I have a small Uniden 520 XL and it uses 5 mm knobs.

5mm is most commonly used. There are 4mm knobs available you can try, I don't think there are any made smaller.

The knobs are cheap enough, usually around $3.00 a set.

You can go to a hardware store and try some metric screws on for size.

I wish it was as simple as picking up some screws from the store. Keep in mind, you need to get both the bolt size and thread count. Anyhow, I think I'm going to sell the Grant XT...... giving up trying to get back into the cb thing. There really isn't much going on anymore. Thanks anyhow.

don't get discouraged just yet.. Propagation will pick back up before too long. It's down right now. Give it another chance before you hang it up...as far as knobs Truck stops might have both sizes....

Thanks for the encouragement. I think this Grant LT is not performing as it should ( I don't know). It may be best to purchase another radio (looking at the Uniden 980) and keep trying before I totally hang it up.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think this Grant LT is not performing as it should ( I don't know). It may be best to purchase another radio (looking at the Uniden 980) and keep trying before I totally hang it up.
Nothing wrong with a 980. Good little radio.

don't get discouraged just yet.. Propagation will pick back up before too long. It's down right now. Give it another chance before you hang it up...as far as knobs Truck stops might have both sizes....

Finally made my first skip contact after a month of trying!!! I was sitting at the parking lot of a local shopping mall and noticed a large amount of skip rolling in on 38 lsb and as always put a call out and to my surprise, someone from Chicago responded (it a moment to realize he was replying to me). A few minutes later I was talking to some one in Wisconsin! I almost wanted to get out of car and run circles or jump or do something.

Got to say....those few minutes of contact made my day, week and month. There still may be hope in this Grant afterall. But I'm still getting the 980 and use it as a base.

Thanks again AL567....sometimes simple words of encouragement does some positive and powerful things. Thanks for the simple lesson.

DB339

Made my first skip contact since getting this radio ( a month now)! I was sitting at a parking lot of a local shopping mall and listening to a large amount of skip on 38 lower and like many time before, I gave a shout out without any expectations of a reply and BANG....someone in Chicago acknowledged my call and we talked for a minute or two. Than soon after I was talking to a person in Wisconsin....wow....it was almost like a full grown man being teleported to his favorite childhood candy store.
Now...I'm thinking that maybe there really isn't anything wrong with the Grant and it was my expectations that needed adjusting. Still eyeballing the 980 for a base set up, though. And I've known that patience is part of the game but I'm realizing that it is...the largest part of the game.
AL567 - thank you for the words of encouragement. Another simple lesson learned.....simple words of encouragement can be powerful regardless of the circumstances.

DB 339

Made my first skip contact since getting this radio ( a month now)! I was sitting at a parking lot of a local shopping mall and listening to a large amount of skip on 38 lower and like many time before, I gave a shout out without any expectations of a reply and BANG....someone in Chicago acknowledged my call and we talked for a minute or two. Than soon after I was talking to a person in Wisconsin....wow....it was almost like a full grown man being teleported to his favorite childhood candy store.
Now...I'm thinking that maybe there really isn't anything wrong with the Grant and it was my expectations that needed adjusting. Still eyeballing the 980 for a base set up, though. And I've known that patience is part of the game but I'm realizing that it is...the largest part of the game.
AL567 - thank you for the words of encouragement. Another simple lesson learned.....simple words of encouragement can be powerful regardless of the circumstances.

DB 339
You're welcome. It only gets better from here. Enjoy radio it comes in all shapes and forms.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.