• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Breaking news from Elecraft - New KX3 mobile/portable HF rig!

We'll have to see about changing out the mobile rig. One nice thing about the Icom 7000 is that it also has 2m/440. From what I've been told, there are no plans to include 2m/440 in the KX3, although I'm sure things can change. I have some serious doubts that Elecraft will send the site one for review - that hasn't been their M.O. in the past. I'll probably have to wait to review it until I purchase one. That's what all the site advertising helps pay for, anyway. I'll find out what I can about PC interfaces.
It's been confirmed through Elecraft that a 2m transverter module which fits inside the KX3's enclosure will be offered. It will replace the ATU. My thinking is that the 2m option may not be available at the time of production release, but sometime afterwards.

If the 2m transverter is modeled after the K144XV (integrated into the K3), it will meet the needs of most portable operations.

If a KX3 has the 2m transverter installed, an ATU may still be used but it would have to be external to the rig. The T1 ATU from Elecraft is suggested for this use case.

matt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?