• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Broken Resistor On a Palomar 255 Amp

yes. generally the lower the input power the cleaner you will sound. i would do 1/2w deadkey and see how it sounds. the radio on the other end wont know the difference in power but should be able to tell if you drive it hard enough to distort.

Ok, the caps are in the mail. The only thing I'm REALLY worried about is frying my amp. It does take MRF455 and NOT SD1446. Since mackmobile43 said that different transistors require different value caps for compensation I'm worried that 820pf would be the wrong one.

Even though they are different pills do they use the same compensator cap?

I'm not trying to second guess anyone, I just don't want to break what I have.

I hope you guys can ease my worries. Bob85 if you could comment as well, it would be great.

technically the transistors capacitance should be taken into account when determining the correct compensation cap but plenty of cb amps use either 455's or 1446's with no change to cap values and work ok.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated