• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can this really happen?

There are 2 sides to every story....if someone saw a truck with a CB antenna on it and blamed that person.....must be some history there. Impossible case to prove.

The words kiss my ass need to be used more often.

That's what I'd tell the guy. His RC POS has to accept any interference caused by any source and you have the FCC regs backing you on that if the DB does take you to court.

If he does just file a counter claim for your time and any court fees to teach the titty baby a lesson. (y)

The biggest thing going against you is having a radio that will transmit out of band including SOME RC channels. Remember even "educated" people like lawyers and judges are dumb when it comes to distinguishing the difference between various radio freqs and services in most cases. Most of them think CB and ham radio are the same thing. The biggest thing you have going for you however is the freqs he was operating the helo on. It is extremely doubtful he was using 27 MHz and that alone should be enough to have the case thrown out.

One point of note here regarding all the folks waving part 15 in the air. If a transmitter is being operated outside of it`s specs and causing interference to a part 15 device it can still be held liable. Only if the transmitter is operating within it`s limits can it be absolved from any responsibility.You can`t simply just throw any piece of shit on the air and say that you are not responsible. Well I suppose IF you did throw a piece of shit on the air and said that you would indeed be an irresponsible person but you know what I mean.

Most of the "Good" RC gear now days use higher freq's 2.4 Ghz is common. Most quality RC gear... planes/Helio's quit using the 27 Mhz many years ago.
More than likely his screw-up or one of his fellow flyer's crashed it using the same freq's
Tell him you'll see him in court and tell to bring all documentation on his equipment with him...Find out his exact make model/frequency range/and the FCC type acceptance information(download the owners manual)
should be Part 15...must accept all interference...highlight it and get it to the officer in charge.

Get the amp out and turn the radio back down to spec....just in case the Judge is a friend of his...
In reality even the PD has no jurisdiction in Indiana over an interference claim.
Proving malicious intent will be tough...but it still may cost you!:censored:
GL
All the Best
BJ

Freguency pins are not even used these days. They new systems have a module that changes frequency thousands of time a second.

Google AMA. Call them. If they were flying on a non sanctioned AMA field, and not AMA members, they have NO case.

With the size you described, it sounds like a cheapo helo. The high dollar rigs are close to 3 feet long.

The biggest thing going against you is having a radio that will transmit out of band including SOME RC channels. Remember even "educated" people like lawyers and judges are dumb when it comes to distinguishing the difference between various radio freqs and services in most cases. Most of them think CB and ham radio are the same thing. The biggest thing you have going for you however is the freqs he was operating the helo on. It is extremely doubtful he was using 27 MHz and that alone should be enough to have the case thrown out.

One point of note here regarding all the folks waving part 15 in the air. If a transmitter is being operated outside of it`s specs and causing interference to a part 15 device it can still be held liable. Only if the transmitter is operating within it`s limits can it be absolved from any responsibility.You can`t simply just throw any piece of shit on the air and say that you are not responsible. Well I suppose IF you did throw a piece of shit on the air and said that you would indeed be an irresponsible person but you know what I mean.

He has a cobra 148gtl which has FCC type acceptance for use in the 11 meter band and if not modified is as legal that plane that crashed.

Last edited:
I was on 38 LSB but while sitting there I had turned it down and I don't have a amp on it. It does have extra channels and has been peaked and tuned. It's an older Cobra 148 GTL I bought used on craigslist about a year ago and had a local shop do all the work to it for me. The cop was in my favor and looked at my radio after I offered to show him I have no amp and no switches added to radio.

He has a cobra 148gtl which has FCC type acceptance for use in the 11 meter band and if not modified is as legal that plane that crashed.

Have another coffee to wake up and read it again Mack. :D

From the labelling requirements of Part 15:

This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is
subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause
harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference
received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

The requirements at one time included some extra implied protection if the interference was from a LICENSED service, which CB hasn't been for almost 50 years.

From the labelling requirements of Part 15:

This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is
subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause
harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference
received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

The requirements at one time included some extra implied protection if the interference was from a LICENSED service, which CB hasn't been for almost 50 years.

You've reminded me of my age, thanks:mad:

Tell him that you are going to give him 2 things for his mishap.... JACK & SHIT !

Really it does sound like a CHEAP r/c and a inexperianced operator..
Back in the day when I was power hungry it took over 500 watt for my buds 27 mhz car to loose control ( mind you it was a better quality one)

Ha this is odd. Here in cali is a group of rc flyers
I have purposely keyed down 1kw on a A channel and it didn't do shit to there airplanes.
Now my neighbors have a cheap toys r us rc car and my older barefoot cobra 29 19a makes there rc car not function right that's because its cheap china shit

Sent from my Droid X .602GB Root, Tapatalk.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.