• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can this really happen?

Tell him that you are going to give him 2 things for his mishap.... JACK & SHIT !

Really it does sound like a CHEAP r/c and a inexperianced operator..
Back in the day when I was power hungry it took over 500 watt for my buds 27 mhz car to loose control ( mind you it was a better quality one)

You must have been far away and him right on top of it then because I would mess up the neighbors RC stuff that operated on 27 MHz with a clean barefoot radio if I happened to stray onto 27.145 MHz by "mistake". :whistle:

Ha this is odd. Here in cali is a group of rc flyers
I have purposely keyed down 1kw on a A channel and it didn't do shit to there airplanes.
Now my neighbors have a cheap toys r us rc car and my older barefoot cobra 29 19a makes there rc car not function right that's because its cheap china shit

Sent from my Droid X .602GB Root, Tapatalk.

Cheap China shit as you call it has nothing to do with it. The frequency of operation does. The RC gear you had no affect on was obviously not operating on 27 MHz. It could have been on 49 MHz, 72/75 MHz, or even as high as 2.4 GHz. I can 100% guarantee you that just a few watts on frequency will indeed interfere with an RC device regardless of the quality or price of it. In fact when operating in a public place you had better be damned sure that you do not decide to use a frequency someone else is already using as it can interfere.

RC Airplane Frequencies - USA and Canada

ok, we have covered the facts.
but here is to the most important part, how does the "complainant" PROVE the alleged party was at fault ??

my opinion... you CANT.

you got a copy of that police report ? id love to see it.

I will have a copy of police report on Monday after work as I have to go to the Lake of the hills police department to get a copy. I have also contacted the tech who works on my radios. After he stopped laughing he said he wants to go to court with me and he will re-tune my radio and remove the extra channels. He agrees this guy is wasting his and my time with this and feels I should counter sue for lose of wages and transportation cost to go to court. I never did transmit as I sat there and watched and I only live about 2 blocks from this park I turned off the radio when I pulled in the driveway. I feel he wrecked it and then came looking for my truck to put blame on somebody. My only advantage is my 257hp is in the shop or that would have been the radio in the truck. I can't get the model of his R/C unless it is on the police report as I have no information on the guy and have never seen him before.

I will have a copy of police report on Monday after work as I have to go to the Lake of the hills police department to get a copy. I have also contacted the tech who works on my radios. After he stopped laughing he said he wants to go to court with me and he will re-tune my radio and remove the extra channels. He agrees this guy is wasting his and my time with this and feels I should counter sue for lose of wages and transportation cost to go to court. I never did transmit as I sat there and watched and I only live about 2 blocks from this park I turned off the radio when I pulled in the driveway. I feel he wrecked it and then came looking for my truck to put blame on somebody. My only advantage is my 257hp is in the shop or that would have been the radio in the truck. I can't get the model of his R/C unless it is on the police report as I have no information on the guy and have never seen him before.

Have u ever had a conflict with the accuser ?

Sent from my Droid X .602GB Root, Tapatalk.

Cheap China shit as you call it has nothing to do with it. The frequency of operation does. The RC gear you had no affect on was obviously not operating on 27 MHz. It could have been on 49 MHz, 72/75 MHz, or even as high as 2.4 GHz. I can 100% guarantee you that just a few watts on frequency will indeed interfere with an RC device regardless of the quality or price of it. In fact when operating in a public place you had better be damned sure that you do not decide to use a frequency someone else is already using as it can interfere.

RC Airplane Frequencies - USA and Canada

IIRC, most r/c air channels are FM channels. In the past, the r/c car guys are supposed to stay on am channels to avoid interference, but with the 2.4 GHz radios and channel scanning, etc... they can all peacefully co-exist and enjoy the benefits of 2.4 GHz.

My son and I have been using 2.4 GHz and older-school AM crystal controllers at the park near cb guys talking skip, with no ill effects on my son's cars.

On my way home from work today and had my 148 gtl in the truck with a 102 SS on it. anyway I live in a subdivision and pass a park on my way home daily, well today I stopped to watch a couple of people flying remote control helicopters for like 2 minutes. I then went home and got in the shower (I'm a Mechanic) my wife comes to the bathroom telling me that a cop is at the front door and wants to speak to me about my "truck with the antenna on it". To make a long story shorter I am being accused of using my radio to purposely cause one of these guys to lose control of his R/C helicopter and crash it. He demanded a police report and says he will be taking me to small claims court. I have a R/C car and it states on the remote that it must accept all interference, Wouldn't it be the same for a helicopter or am I going to be buying someone a new toy? To make matters worse this is not a cheap R/C it was pretty big like 8 inches wide and maybe 2 foot long. The blades on top where busted off and the plastic is cracked all the way down one side and the tube going to the rear propeller is bent. My wife is now giving me a hard time and saying that I should take my radio out of my truck as she knew it would cause problems.

WHO IS THIS COP AND DOES HE EVEN KNOW FCC RULES ?????????

I have had a fight with the guy next door going on for 10 years It seems
I knock out his cordless phone HE has gone to the county DEMANDING they rip down my antennas. IF he takes you to court they have to toss it out
ONLY the FCC casn tell you what to do .... BEEN THERE OVER THE PHONE ....... and the county backs me my antennas fall under FCC rules ....

From the labelling requirements of Part 15:

This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is
subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause
harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference
received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

The requirements at one time included some extra implied protection if the interference was from a LICENSED service, which CB hasn't been for almost 50 years.

CB IS A LICENSED SERVICE :oops:

The FCC does not give out personial licenses but you are covered by a group one

Citizens Band (CB) Service | FCC.gov

Licensing
The Citizens Band (CB) Service is licensed by rule. This means an individual license is not required to operate a CB device. You can operate a CB device regardless of your age and for personal or business use so long as you are not a representative of a foreign government.

Attachments

• 112263.jpeg
    112263.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 6
RC uses both AM and FM modes along with a few versions of 'Pulse' modes. The trend is to the newer 'smarter' modes that do 'channel hopping' and are FM. AM is still used for both air and surface RC though. Because of it's susceptibility to interference it isn't exactly the most preferred mode though. AM mode will be around for a while yet, there are just too many of them around to be done away with. (They are certainly cheaper systems!)
- 'Doc

While 'CB' is covered with a 'class' license, it's considered an un-licensed service by the FCC. There's no requirement for an individual license. That's both good and bad. Good in that it's 'free', but bad cuz it's (and has been) deregulated, so it's 'unprotected'.

and if all logic and reason fails in court (as happens often) then i would think that your friend the guy WHO WAS WITH YOU AT THE TIME could testify that you never even picked up the mic and transmitted

i think i downed an rc plane once. i was using an old browning ssb mobile radio and a cmi amp having a nice conversation with a friend 7 miles away on sideband back in 1977 when rc still used 11m a chanels.
i remember watching this guy fly his plane but every so often he seemed to be having a hard time controlling it. as i was keyed up i remember telling don how this guy was having trouble with his plane and as i kept it keyed saying how bad he was flying it i saw it head strait down and crash into pieces and unkeyed. it was then that don told me to leave in a hurry before that guy thinks i did it with my radio, and not until he said that did i realize that the bad flying was happening only when i was transmitting.
:oops:

i took dons advice and drove away very quickly

CB IS A LICENSED SERVICE :oops:

Licensing
The Citizens Band (CB) Service is licensed by rule.

Perhaps it still is, but that means that there are rules that all CB users must follow - regarding power limits, number of channels, and so forth. If you're guilty of violating just one little rule, you won't be afforded any sort of "protection" by the FCC.

Perhaps Shioda will catch the thread and comment. Maybe send him a pm and see if he can view your post and give you a starting point or plan of action. I i remeber right he is an attorney and a radio enthusiast. I firmly believe that you could use a little help and he may be very good since he is already versed in the radio field versus having to explain radio "information" to legal counsel that is not versed in the field. It would save a lot of time.

Perhaps Shioda will catch the thread and comment. Maybe send him a pm and see if he can view your post and give you a starting point or plan of action. I i remeber right he is an attorney and a radio enthusiast. I firmly believe that you could use a little help and he may be very good since he is already versed in the radio field versus having to explain radio "information" to legal counsel that is not versed in the field. It would save a lot of time.

That is an excellent suggestion and I also agree with that. Shioda had more than a few dealings on a professional level with the FCC and the Fed laws. I would be most interested in hearing his take on this situation.

Although issues from the FCC/Feds have been brought up here, this issue is really about personal property damages.
The Feds have no say in this kind of matter; their jurisdiction doesn't cover such.

The real issues in this case is one of proof. The damaged party is claiming that because the accused has an antenna and radio in his car, that he is the proximate cause of his damages. Since BamBam claims that his radio wasn't on, it is not an illegal radio, that radio hasn't been modified, doesn't use illegal freqs, runs no illegal amplifier, and the cop verified all of these facts with the exception of the radio being on; then the plaintiff's case is all but out the window. He can prove nothing of what he claims and may well go down in flames. His battle for proof will be interesting - if not impossible. Anecdotal evidence of a guy in his car with a CB antenna and his copter crashes due to his proximity - without any substance of interference sufficient to back it up - is oh so useless. Witnesses on the plaintiff's behalf are going to say that 'yes; his copter crashed' just isn't enough to make BamBam the fall guy. Pardon the pun.

The burden of proof in civil cases - as this would be the court in which the plaintiff must file - has a lower threshold of what can be admitted for evidence in a criminal case. But since there is only anecdotal proof without substance in a civil case; this case may well be dismissed. That's just too bad for the plaintiff; but that is way it should go.

Unless the plaintiff can produce witnesses that saw BamBam actually talking on his radio; then he has absolutely no proof whatsoever.

Furthermore, if that copter is using the 2.4gHz equipment; then he has no case whatsoever.
It will be important/pivotal for that particular info to be presented in court.

IMO . . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.