• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Canadian Residents

Should Worldwide DX add a Canadian Swap Shop

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cswguy

Jun 13, 2011
Oshawa Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Is there anyone from Canada on this forum.?

Im trying to start a new post that will get fellow Canadian's together to chat about whatever and to bring a Canadian Swap Shop Section to this great forum.

Ive noticed when purchasing from the US that people inflate costs to cover shipping and everything else and never mark the package as a gift to help us save on border fee's and taxes.

$100 item after being taxed and all border fee's we are paying close to the amount of the original item.

As for shipping it will not cost much if shipped using USPS 5-7 days up to a 30LB item, no more then $25 shipped anywhere from the USA to CANADA, After speaking to Julie at USPS all the numbers have been confirmed.

Lets see fellow Canadian's join this thread.

I don't really see the need for it to tell the truth. The numbers of us Canadians here is a very small percentage of the total membership. If someone is offering something for sale they can simply state whether or not they are willing to ship to Canada and state the shipping costs. As for marking something as a gift, that's actually illegal unless it truely is a gift and I can't fault someone for not doing that.

As for your quoted shipping rates I'm not so sure about the accuracy of it. It depends on WHERE in the USA to WHERE in Canada. I just ordered a 30 lb package from Massachusetts and USPS International Priority was $70. In my experiance the 5-7 day thing is wishfull thinking as it usually takes more like two weeks once customs is involved and we won't even talk about the current postal strike that has my shipment held up somewhere between here and Masachusetts. :headbang :censored: Depending on what you want the charges can be crazy. MFJ quoted me $125 to ship a DB-1217 antenna via USPS from Starkville Mississippi which was confirmed via USPS as well.. :blink:

CK did not appear to vote.

I think it might help to have regional forums for community activities and such...

Hey Mol

We mean by having a seperate section for Canada and its provinces, For residents to post activities happening in our neck of the woods, such as keydowns or ham fests or anything to do with radio, including charities and so forth.

I hosted a Canadian Cancer Society fundraiser last weekend and could have used your board to advertise the event in a regional section, I suffer from Stage 2 Ednocarcinoma or Esophagus Cancer in other words.

So if able I personaly would like to see even a small section just for Canadian residents for general posts and so forth, Im not asking now for a cdn swap shop or anything just a section.

The people who have voted NO are usualy not Canadian Residents, So please all mods do not use that poll.

I am confused by this ..... Captain Kilo IS in Canada. :confused: :confused:
So....are you asking only members from Canada to vote or for the Moderators not to vote, or for the Administrators not to vote or...??

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated