• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB (11 Meter) Contest this coming weekend

binrat

WDX Club Coordinator
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
The Great White north
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Contest for this coming weekend (11-12 July), here is the goods. If you see any errors, let me know.

• Only contacts with other WDX members count in the contest. The roster may be found as a sticky thread locatedhttp://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/wdx-roster-11-30-2014.28909/
  • Channels: 20-29 AM, 30-39 LSB
  • Date/Time: 07/11/15, 0000 Zulu through 07/12/15 2359 Zulu. If you're not sure how UTC time works, check herehttp://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?p1=3875
  • Logs must be posted in the WDX Club Contest Contacts forum by the end of contest. Create only one thread for your contacts. You can edit or reply to your own thread, using it as your log throughout the contest. The format is attached as an Excel file. It may be an excel attachment OR pasted into your thread.At the end of the contest, the contacts forum will be locked, so make sure you upload all of your contacts before the end date/time.
  • There is a 2x multiplier for mobile, portable, or maritime contacts. If you operate as mobile, maritime, or portable during the contest, you are credited with the multiplier for any contacts you make. If you operate as a base, you receive a multiplier for any contact you make with a mobile, portable, or maritime contact. 3x multiplier for any contacts outside of CON US and Canada. Make sure you clearly designate these in your log
  • No amplifiers allowed, CB legal limit.
  • Contacts will be verified against each others' logs
  • This is an "on your honor" contest and intended to be fun. Please play by the rule.
  • BE A COURTEOUS OPERATOR, PROMOTE THE SITE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HAVE FUN!

Attachments

• Contest Log - Jan 2015.xlsx
    7.8 KB · Views: 6

I was in the same boat as you Binrat. Bad weather and redid my mast setup. At least I got my feedpoint to 27ft from 18ft. One more section and I'll be at 35ft and I'll call it a day at that point. For now antenna needs to be retuned I believe as it tuned a bit low for my liking. Shouldn't be hard the way I have it setup now. Pull a couple bolts and let her down to roof level!! So now with my tornado I am 50ft to the tip and exactly 27ft to the feedpoint! All done by myself this weekend. Moved antenna and current mast pipe from one side of chimney to other. Got it further away from the neighbors house and more toward center of my house! Anyway, maybe we can try again very soon now. I'm off on the weekends now so I will def. participate!! Here is a shot of the new position of antenna. It was on the right side before. And before anyone asks, there is no choke, I have ferrite chokes at the feedpoint so no choke. Works well, and has made many contacts since moving it. Must have talked to 20 people last night from KY, TN, NJ, WV, VA, and some other states as well. I'm happy. Sorry for the text wall. Just excited it finally got my ass motivated enough to move the antenna and mounted it right this time. It's braced at the roof and at the top of the chimney! Worked out perfectly even with just me doing all the work!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: binrat

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated