• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Operators and others Get FCC Warnings

I believe it to be KC2OST.

Strange no denial,silence on a subject generally points to GUILT.

It's easy for hams to hate cb'ers who generally have better sounding stations,DX further than the local repeater and run as much power as the local radio station,not to mention usually have more of a clue on the technical aspects of radio,lets face it JEALOUSY is nasty business,pmsl.

I have watched this thread for a while and most people have made good solid points for both CBers and hams.

From what I have experienced in both CB and ham radio ,there are good and bad folks...good operators,bad operators.... in both hobbies,....the best thing to do is surround yourself with the good people that can help you get the most from your chosen hobby(such as the folks that are part of this forum) and ignore the bad apples...the bad apples will rot away soon enough.....

Just run a good clean station,filter and ground it as best as you can ...run no more power than you need to.(I personally have set a limit of 500 watts or less)...and enjoy...it is that easy

...one thing that I can say about everyone that is a member of this forum,wether you like em or not,most of those that hang here have a wealth of knowlage that they are willing to share.....that is hard to beat in my book (y)

Loosecannon. You sound suprised that the federal gov wastes money. Where have you been? Sorry I could'nt resist.

I have been on 11mtrs since 1967,and from 1968 ran ssb only.I run on 27.385lsb 24/7.Dont run power.And have a clean signal.I also run on 40 and 80 mtrs and 146.52simplex.I have meet bad in both.And one runs both,in Potosi Missouri.I always will run 11 mtrs,and uhf/vhf/hf...I have had one of the locals splatter on me when i was on 28.405usb,and told him about it and he was very sorry,he didnt know it.He cured it and nothing more was said.It depends on how you handle it,how it turns out...73s hope to hear you out there de n0zna/John 2w1267 em48sd

FCC phone message I got when I called

please call this number for a good time

1-888-225-5322

then
1 for English
4 for quality issues
5 for interference issues

then Listen........

I wonder EXACTLY what phrase" does not routinely investigate " interference issues means ?

please call this number for a good time

1-888-225-5322

then
1 for English
4 for quality issues
5 for interference issues

then Listen........

I wonder EXACTLY what phrase" does not routinely investigate " interference issues means ?

Where do I sign up for these issues, an when did they start a magazine? I have a ham license an have never received an issue yet.

Now, who do ya call if ya have any problems.... :love:

we have a guy 15 miles way and splaters 10 and 12 mtrs both.All the hams in the area have talked to him,he desnt care.And i dont care if he gets popped,i run on 11mtrs everynow and then to talk to a few frends...he will key on you and talk over you...73s JW

Last edited:
I call B.S on the letters, without any invetstigation they require all that crap do be done, what if it wasn't even the person who got the letter that was the offending station? Pure B.S, did anyone notice how "Detroit" was mis-spelled? I doubt an official government document would have a typo like that, once again, B.S.

I call B.S on the letters, without any invetstigation they require all that crap do be done, what if it wasn't even the person who got the letter that was the offending station? Pure B.S, did anyone notice how "Detroit" was mis-spelled? I doubt an official government document would have a typo like that, once again, B.S.

Before any letters are sent out they have an agent go to the area and monitor. At that time they will also attempt to contact you and request a station inspection. If you get a letter you can rest assured that they have pinpointed the signal to you. This seems to be the standard procedure I see on all the documents at the FCC web site.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.