• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chirp and windows 8

You've got to use an old driver for the USB Comm cable, otherwise I never get it to work.
Then every time W8.1 updates it will change it out and must be reload to your specific COM PORT...
There's a link to the site with instructions here on the site somewhere

maybe this one: http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

Otherwise CHRIP works great...
Had to get it going again to program the(2) GT-3 Mark II's...
I gave as Christmas presents to my Nephew and my nieces husband. (trying to plant some new hams seeds!;))
Follow directions to the letter and it will work fine...save driver to DOC files...you'll need it again! (also bought new POFUNG UV-82L...for me):LOL:
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB
Merry Christmas

Yep, I've used it on Win 8.1, as well. Robb is right; you've got to get the right driver for your cable - the prolific 3.2.0 is the right one for most of the chinese usb/serial cables.

Ok, I will give the one Robb posted a shot.
See if I can get it to work. I bought a used laptop a few months ago from a gent and never used it. Thought I load Chirp on it instead of the win 8 laptop. The other laptop has Win 7 on it. After booting it up for the second time I find it has a pirate cope of Win 7 on it. Arrrrrrrg.
Guess that is what you get for a 30 dollar machine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated