• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Clean Signals from C Class!!!

"Good comparison. It CLEARLY shows the difference between class C and class ab. The class C sounds pinched and distortion is plainly present"

I am with you CK....:D
The difference would be even more dramatic if the radio's TX audio did not sound like crap to begin with :eek:
:pop:
All the Best
BJ

If you believe that I'm certain you too were one of those who headed to the potatoe cellar when Orson Wells broadcasted war of the worlds. That was simply garbage equipment being manipulated to sound as the operator intended, even his voice projection and syllable pronunciation changed dramatically, not to mention how far off frequency it was....by design I'm sure. Sorry try again! :whistle:

If you believe that I'm certain you too were one of those who headed to the potatoe cellar when Orson Wells broadcasted war of the worlds. That was simply garbage equipment being manipulated to sound as the operator intended, even his voice projection and syllable pronunciation changed dramatically, not to mention how far off frequency it was....by design I'm sure. Sorry try again! :whistle:

I guess you had to be there and apparently you're in the outer limits. ^^ ab v c^^

A thread to this video should be in the Amplifier forum as a sticky.

:unsure: Sometimes it's ok to be wrong. Hey, I bet Orson Wells audio wasn't all fuzzy and distorted. If you read back a few posts you can find out why ;) Seriously though IDIeselman, you really should do yourself a favor and Google a little on Class C amplifiers before you post again. Or search this forum. There are a couple good posts about class c amps.

Last edited:

:unsure: Sometimes it's ok to be wrong. Hey, I bet Orson Wells audio wasn't all fuzzy and distorted. If you read back a few posts you can find out why ;) Seriously though IDIeselman, you really should do yourself a favor and Google a little on Class C amplifiers before you post again. Or search this forum. There are a couple good posts about class c amps.

Pfffffftt..................Why let facts get in the way of perception and ego. :laugh: Some people can't see the truth if it hit them over the head. :blink:

Bla bla bla, yes we all know the difference between Class A, Class AB1, AB2, and even Class B but, winding up the amp police is much more fun.:D

geritol.jpg
Not mine but very cute.

well , IMO , you were closer to the RX frequency of the magnum that the other guy , or just clarified better , skip played it's part too . but you were clear , no clips and no over modulation that my ears herd . if you were using a class C amp to get to 400 watts it didn't clip like macks did in class C . the other guy wasn't near as clear .

This 2950 (with no weird mods) was driving the X-Force with the Palomar in that video. RCI2950>Palomar 250HD>X-Force 200HD. Sorry for the poor quality photos.

8183.jpg
8182.jpg

Whether there were harmonics elsewhere I do not know, but that the audio seemed clear only the hearers can determine. The recording is not prejudiced by anyone having set the test up. I was merely working DX with the setup.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.