• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 2000 GTL

The people who don't have'm, want them virgin. The people who have'm, want to do stuff with them. That's the way it goes. :closedeyes:

Even for such a old radio, the Receiver is still top notch in the CB world.

I guess I'm the exception to the rule. The only thing that has been done to my 2000 (other than TBS updates) is I had the alignment, modulation and power output checked and adjusted. It has a 3 watt carrier/12 watts pep on AM and 12 watts pep on SSB. The only addition has been a second speaker and several different microphones over the years. I still fire it up from time to time and it performs just as well as it did when I purchased it (new) 25+ years ago. (y)

2000s...

Yea, you guys can bad mouth those 2000s as much as you like.....
Ive been fooling with these things since the late 70s...
Ive ran them exports radios, all have done a fine job, nothing wrong with them..

But I had a Galaxy 99 here, dont care much for those Galaxy radios, and ended up trading it for 2 of those Cobra 2000s....

To many, the old school radios is where the quality is..
These 2000s, when tuned right there a sweet sounding radios...

I also have one of the first S9 radios that came out with the 1969 finals in it, and wheres it at, setting on the shelf while the classic beauty is been used on the airways...

what you want

2000 rci galaxy uniden ford chevy. It's all about what we perceive and what we want. Wanting is why stuff sells for alot. Good or not if you want it you'll dig deeper and shell out the bread. When I push that brown bar on that 776 mic and hear that little ping is the reason I scour the earth for odd tubes and spares to try and keep it going. Why? Because it's what I want. They all have to be pretty good radios or the word would be out and you would have a harder time getting rid of AIDES.:bdh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.