• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 LTD no power

Check the driver and final yet?
Well, please don't scold me for my ignorance, but could you give me a procedure as to testing drivers. I'm new to repairing cb's but I'm not new to repairing old electronics. It's not like I'm starting a business, just trying to breath some life into some old radios we have around.

You will need a DVM (digital volt meter) and some patience. There are several YouTube videos that describe how to test a transistor. Better than me trying to explain it . . .
I appreciate your feedback and help Robb,i don't have the radios in front of me, but when I get back to them I'll do a check on the driver and finals on both. I did a little more research and found a great page about testing with a dmm.
Again, I really appreciate your help. My coworker and I may butt heads alot, but we've also helped each other much more. I want to fix these radios not only for him, but just to do it.

You will need a DVM (digital volt meter) and some patience. There are several YouTube videos that describe how to test a transistor. Better than me trying to explain it . . .
I just checked both radios finals and drivers. It appears both have bad finals and drivers, according to a very concise page I found on testing transistors. Collector to base test bad on all the transistors.
Now, is there something else I should be looking for that would cause these to go bad, or just go ahead and replace them?

Very odd that BOTH parts have failed in both radios. I would re-check your findings to be sure, Usually, it will blow either the driver OR the final. Never seen both fail. Not saying you are wrong, just very unlikely . . .

Very odd that BOTH parts have failed in both radios. I would re-check your findings to be sure, Usually, it will blow either the driver OR the final. Never seen both fail. Not saying you are wrong, just very unlikely . . .
Well, I really don't know now, I resolfered the driver and final in the Bluetooth 29 after checking them and now the channel display isn't lighting up. I don't know what happened but I'll give it a good visual tomorrow when they're in front of me again. I don't know what happened, but its going to take some digging.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated