• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 NW LTD Classic, Frequency Expansion.

NOI7734

Feb 5, 2009
Hello, I am looking for an extremely detailed guide for adding upper and lower sideband channels to my Cobra 29 NW LTD Classic. I don't know much about the inner workings of radio's, but I do know how to solder and use a volt-meter. Or if there is a kit I can buy? Been looking all over the place so any help would be great.

Thanks.

Dan.
:headbang

You're not going to be able to add USB/LSB to an AM only radio. It just doesn't have necessary circuits/components. IF you want SSB, you're going to have to get a radio that has those modes already

tried it

I tried bills 2way, sent an email, it seems as though they have gone out of business there is a notice of that somewhere on there site, but it has no date so I'm not sure whats going on with them. But no response to my email yet so we'll see. Thanks though.

Bills2way hasn't been in business in a while. I'm not sure what to make of all the information on their website.

BTW, that frequency expansion kit will get you frequencies/channels above and below the standard 40, but it will still be regular AM. It won't be upper or lower sideband mode.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated