• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 w/Powermod

So what you are telling me is to take the modulator and the resistor out of JP36 in which I install them in and to replace it back with the jumper wire that was in there to begin with? What will this do? Will this increase my dead key and lower my swing? I believe this is just a swing kit that I installed in JP36.

IM starting to think that nobody reads the threads around here before they post there comments ? 101 ......Nomad said .....Put the wire jumper back, or a new wire in its place.

Odds are this will give you all the radio has to offer on transmit, without changing anything else. Unless they also had you remove or jump around the black plastic rectifier across the circuit board from the final transistor. That jumper should come back off, if this was done. If they told you to pull the diode, put it back. Not the tiny glass one, the larger black epoxy plastic one. Hmmmmm. Now that's a web page somebody (else) should put up. "How to remove the Bling Mod from your Cobra 29/ Uniden PC76/78."

The radio will now show between 5 and 6 Watts of carrier power. Too much to use with most amplifiers, but perfectly legit for running barefoot. And louder to boot, for anyone out there in the distance. Another radio across the parking lot may not show you a big difference that you can tell.

Nothing quite like doing the before-and-after comparison yourself. Makes the result easier to believe, ususally
........I would agree with what he said there ......Also ......this is truly a mess here for my brain ......101 DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A METER GUYS !!!! .......Real simple here 101 .....take all the parts out that you put in ......in other words the cap/resistor .....you can leave the 1969 final if you want to ...it's just a stronger final ...it all should work out the way it was in the beginning as long as you didn't twist or tweak any pots or coils or cans in the radio ? .....Good Luck dude.

Ok, I did as you said by taking the cap and resistor out and putting the jumper back in and no such luck. I am still putting out the same about. That didn't solve my problem. What else could it be? Thanks for all the advice though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.