• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Colt Black Shadow SSB.......???

ben if its the 4pin version it should be regular cybernet wiring,

pin1 audio
pin2 shield
pin3 rx
pin4 tx

if you have an old uniden mic just swap pin 1 with pin 2 and swap pin 3 with pin 4

Just met someone with a Colt 485 Black shadow ssb radio. Thought if I could dig up some info I could make him an offer on it. Right now all I know is that it was made in Japan and the lot number is 30000330. No date of manufacture is labled on the unit. No idea if it transmits or even powers up. Its been sitting in a truck in the Phoenix heat that hasnt been drivin in 10 years.

there is more info on this radio in the secreat cb books here on cbtricks also. click on the link then on radio and look for colt in the listing and a lot of info on it . it has the 02a pll which makes it easy to add channels to.

Secret CB

Reactions: 1 person
Colt black shadow

ben i have the iroquios 40 which is the canadian version,not much on the net
It is made by midland international ,cybernet 02a board i think,it should be a standard 4 pin midland mic ,you can get a 4 pin cobra to midland mic adapter from copper to run standard 4 pin mics ..hope this helps

Reactions: BubbaRedFox

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.