• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

comparison between baofeng UV-5R plus and UV 82L

hunstoms

BANNED
Sep 7, 2013
A few days a ago, i post the review of baofeng UV-5R plus
you can find it here http://www.worldwidedx.com/product-reviews/159301-baofeng-uv-5r-plus-kit-136-174-400-520mhz-review.html

Also, i bought the UV-82L
Today, I will compare the baofeng UV-5R plus and UV-82L
some of you many ask, what is the difference between UV-82 and UV-82L
There are the following difference between
1.battery. UV-82L:3000mAh
UV-82:1800mAh

the battery is the biggest difference, I don't have the UV-82, so i don't know if there are other difference, if some knows this, you can post it in the replay.

Pictures about baofeng UV-5R plus and UV 82L
tumblr_mt02s5jwzO1sqmtoio1_500.jpg

tumblr_mt02s5jwzO1sqmtoio2_500.jpg

and then the comparing pictures
tumblr_mt02psobvB1sqmtoio2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt02psobvB1sqmtoio3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt02psobvB1sqmtoio4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt02psobvB1sqmtoio5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt02psobvB1sqmtoio7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt02psobvB1sqmtoio8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt02psobvB1sqmtoio9_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt02psobvB1sqmtoio10_1280.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks for your post.

What's the dual PTT all about? Any audio issues? I have an older UV5R with potent audio; then bought the UV5R plus which has weak audio. I don't intend to perform the mod either. The UV 82L looks intriguing.

I'd like to hear about any differences in the firmware, i.e. programming changes, etc.

Got the unit today. I like the looks and it fits nice in my hand. I always thought that the UV5R was awkward to hold.

I had a little trouble with the USB driver, but managed to get CHIRP up and running quickly. I had a lengthy simplex QSO with a local whom said transmit audio is good. I just need to spend more time with it.

Only complaint so far is the footprint of the charging stand is much smaller than the UV5R. It is very light as well and the radio fits to snuggly. I have to giggle the radio in the charger in order for the indicator to light. I definitely don't like the charging base.

UV-82L : Best Baofeng ever

The UV-82 is by far the very best Baofeng radio I have ever used, and I own several different (UV-5RA, UV-B5, UV-B6) models. It's the first Baofeng that feels like a serious HT, kinda reminding me (ok, a little) of my Yaesu FT-60R. It's a little larger, a little heavier, with larger keys (making it harder to fat-finger, unlike the B6), a more rugged exterior, and feels more professional, IMO. I don't like that you can't switch between Frequency Mode and Channel Mode with the push of a button like you could with the 5RA.

Performance is fantastic, over and above the B5 or B6. From my favorite (146.76 and 147.08) local repeaters people report full quieting from me at 32 miles line-of-site, where the B6 is reported snowy and on the 5RA people say they have a difficult time making out what I'm saying, all using the same 1/4-wave whip. When I use my home-made four-radial ground plane, they all sound the same until I get about 41 miles from the same repeaters, then ditto.

The manual stinks, but on one hand don't all Baofeng manuals stink? and on the other hand, if you've programmed one Baofeng, pretty much you've programmed them all. Also, I own both the UV-82 and the UV-82L, but I can't tell the two apart, except for the stick-on label.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the review and information. It's just gotta be better, since the website you linked to says this:

"Upgrade the function and more smarter than other walkie-talkies".

I always wanted an HT that was more smarter! :laugh: I do like the looks of it, and at the price, might be worth it to give it a whirl. That would give me an excuse to gift on of my UV-5R's to one of the newbies in my club that doesn't have an HT yet. (y)

RT307

I have both the UV-5R plus and UV-82. And I have a Yaesu FT-250.

I've had the Yaesu FT-250 for several years. And it is an excellent hand held, but it is only single band.

So I bough the UV-5R and the UV-82 so I could get on the 70cm with a handheld. Both of them together were about 1/3rd the cost of a dual band Yaesu, Kenwood, or Icom.

In 2 Meter, neither sound as good as the Yaesu. All three hit all of the repeaters that I use. And both the UV-5R and UV-82 hit the two 70cm repeaters in my area.

The UV-82 definitely sounds better than the UV-5R. I paid $39 for the UV-82 and $29.50 for the UV-5R from Amazon. The UV-82 was well worth the extra $9.50.

10968717563_4314b699ff_c.jpg

As for the appearance, there is no difference between UV-82 and UV 82L
but the battery capacity of UV 82L is 3000mA
but the battery capacity of UV-82 is 1500mA

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated