• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 Overview Video Posted

cbradiomagazine.com

2008 - 2014 / Pau Hana
Jan 3, 2007
Okay guys - finally got done with the overview video. Also completed the video showing the software (similar to the Alpha software).

Going to make some recordings of the on-air audio but hopefully this will give you a pretty good idea of the radio.

CRE 8900 10 Meter AM FM SSB Ham CB Radio - Overview - YouTube

Only complaints so far - LCD isn't particular bright in the mobile. AM swing is okay with variable high 8 watts swinging to 15-20 but nothing spectacular. In low position with 1 watt carrier barely seeing any forward swing maybe 3-4 watts. I have an early version but I'm told the factory is working on a solution for more AM swing however right now that's how it's operating.

SSB operation has been great - radio has no drift while it's been in the mobile, made a ton of contacts and everyone has said the radio sounds good on the air. Very compact size for the mobile, I'm digging it. I think the receive is a little over sensitive and is still prone to bleedover like the Alpha Max.

Overall I'm pretty impressed - I'd recommend it for SSB'er looking for a small radio. Of course we'll have to wait and see what the retail in the U.S. will be.

Do the Europeans like monster audio and swing numbers like the Yanks?

If this little rig is priced fairly decent, I would like to try one.

I have been wanting to buy another export rig to play with, but it seems like the most popular ones have been having problems lately. Plenty of threads to prove it too.

Thanks for the review.
Can you do a little test and make video?

I would like to see this radio in AM, while listening to crowded channel with signals around s9 please go 5kHz up and down. I want to see how much bleedover it will have while been 5kHz away in AM mode.
Thank you, Mike

p.s.

Do the Europeans like monster audio and swing numbers like the Yanks?
No, we have o'scopes and we know how to use them to get proper and clean AM signal ;)
M

Reactions: 3 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?